? for Suunto Computer Users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Various tests on a french diving magazine come out with it being conservative but not much more than the others... Suuntos RGBM is quite efficient.

They did some tests on 2 days with :

Day 1:
10Am: 30m for 30mn
2pm: 20m for 40mn

Day2:
10am: 40m 20mn
2pm : 20m 40mn

The results were decent deco stops and safety within but not excessive in the P0 ... in P2 for all computers allowing a second profile, the deco was 4-6 times more :)

For the suunto and others they also did an interesting test which usually locked 24hrs diving. 40m dive, 10 mn bottom time, ascent to surface in 1mn, 2 minutes surface interval, descent to mid-depth for 5 minutes, and following the deco as requested by computer. This didn't bother any computers and didn't have any further consequences (which is a good sign within the measurement of deco)

hope this helps. (if you can read french i'm quite willing to scan the few pages of the tests for you so that you can see the results ... if you can't well it might still be useful to see the results as they are numeric tables ...so let me know).

Nice to see someone has some real evidence... I've never had any trouble with my cobra being too conservative. I think a lot of people get on the "suunto is too conservative" bandwagon and are just following along with what others have said.

Live to dive another day... some people are so concerned about getting that extra few minutes out of every dive. Funny (and sad) how some of these people cut thier diving career and sometimes life short that way. To each his/her own I guess.

I think the key thing is how safe do you want to be.

I dive with Oceanic and Aeris, but I never dive them to their limits, plus I also think about what I am doing, I always do a very slow ascent to 15ft and then chill for 3 mins.

Blindly following a dive computer is risky in my opinion, using it as a guide and understand what it is telling you is the key.

Just my view.

Well, thought i'd provide the file so i passed some time to scan the magazine... what a pain without cutting it out :)... it's a 2Mb file PDF (9 pages at 100dpi).

http://www.hippocampes.com/hippocampedivers/docs/diveComputers.pdf

it's in french, but i'm sure most of it is very understandable, and there are a lot of tables of references and information which doesn't need translation "Automatique... for Automatic is quite difficult".

Hi CelticRavenVA, still no news yet from Suunto. It has been 6 weeks since I returned the Cobra to my local dealer who then sent it all the way to Finland. Guess I'm not the only one who had difficulty hearing the alarm and I thought my ears were whacked underwater!

Yeoh Chee Weng:
Hi CelticRavenVA, still no news yet from Suunto. It has been 6 weeks since I returned the Cobra to my local dealer who then sent it all the way to Finland. Guess I'm not the only one who had difficulty hearing the alarm and I thought my ears were whacked underwater!

For service I have tyo say Oceanic is incredible. The speed of returns, and you can even ship them direct to Oceanic and then speak witht he guy that is working on it.

I use an Aeris and an Oceanic, and I would stick with Oceanic just because of the service I have had from them.

Hah. Try getting "service" from oceanic over here :) Its why a lot of people wont buy off them.

Different areas, different companies, different service.

While I can hear it, I wouldn't say it is attention getting.

Yeoh Chee Weng:

String:
Hah. Try getting "service" from oceanic over here :) Its why a lot of people wont buy off them.

Different areas, different companies, different service.

That is where I get the service. I dealt with them directly in CA, they were superb. Took 5 days to FedEx my unit to them from Florida, have it fixed and returned to me. They honoured the warrantee on it even though I was not the original purchaser!!

I had an excellent response, as such I will continue to use them.

CelticRavenVA:
While I can hear it, I wouldn't say it is attention getting.
Why do you need to hear the alarms?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom