FOR SALE: Worthington V2A4 Compressor, needs some TLC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gdaaym8z

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am selling a Worthington V2A4 compressor. I am selling it as-is.

We have used and maintained this unit for about 3 years with zero issues......until now.

The electric motor starter went out and we upgraded and replaced it. Once we were operational again the compressor locked up. (Turns out that the first time it seized it destroyed the motor starter) I was out of town and by the time I was back, obviously it had cooled and was turning over manually. (I am speculating that it's a main bearing) the unit turns over now but I have decided to replace it rather than repair.

The photos below were taken today (1/24/13) we are preparing to move it and have disconnected some of the HP lines and a bit of the electrical.

I'm asking $3,500 OBO (buyer can pick up local or arrange shipping) a truck with a lift gate or fork lift will be required. (estimating at 1200 lbs) L 69, W 32, H 36

I will include the new electric motor starter ($800.00 value) and everthing shown in the photos.

The motor is 15HP and it uses three phase.

This unit will not come with any filtration. (not shown in photos)

I am traveling out of the USA for about 3 weeks. I will return on the 18th or March and am happy to help arrange the shipping at that time.

I should have wifi and email access for most of my trip. The easiest way to communicate is via email:

gdaaym8z@gmail.com

Please email any questions and I will do my best to answer them quickly.

IMG_0216.jpgIMG_0217.jpgIMG_0218.jpgIMG_0219.jpgIMG_0220.jpgIMG_0221.jpgIMG_0222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom