For Doctor Deco........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deep6

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I am a medical student, planning a residency on underwater medicine, and something you wrote caught my attention. You were mentining the creation of micronuclei??? What is that? Is that the same as microbubbles.....i don't understand how nuclei (composed of DNA, and snRNA), could spontaneously form due to any type of pressure exposure. Could you please explain this to me?

On another note, I was a navy diver, and while most (not all) were in great shape (atleast aesthically), I assure you Navy divers are not expendable......

Dr. Deco was right about the limit on tables not being night and day....they are a gradual change, and an accumulation of probability to be bent.

The greatest reasoning fo rthe US Navy Dive tables is that they were designed for a diver to stay at a constant depth (working) and then ascending......not for the multi-level diving recreational divers do, hence the risk or inaccuracy of dive tables in the methods we use them in the sport. Perhaps a computer which takes into account multi-level diving is more suited to the sport diver's needs.
-Deep6

Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it." Rene Descartes

Dear deep6:

There you have it. DocVikingo has found a good piece by “gosh”, by me. The truth is “nuclei" represent the small center of a cell, or an atom, or a proto gas bubble. They all have the same root. Bubble nuclei have nothing to do with DNA or messenger RNA.

Dr Deco :doctor:

And I thought that AntiStrangeQuarks were arcane.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom