For all the evil there has to be some good

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
Every now and then we get to witness charity at it’s best. Generally, we don’t see it happen in diving. Sure we may get the odd favor from our LDS or our buddy may come to our rescue but those are different from when another diver gives of himself willingly.

I had the distinct pleasure today of meeting with Uncle Pug. He offered a while back to help me out with some new gear and trim issues I was having. Well I finally was able to schedule time with him today. I have to say he is as nice as he is talented. And yes, this man is talented. He knows every trick in the book and without ego, offers that knowledge. What a great teacher and mentor for those of us lucky enough to know him.

U.P. - I’m sorry that I wasted your afternoon. Never once were you condescending or impatient. Someday I hope to have the skills to be worthy of being able to do a real dive with you. I wish my wife and I lived closer, so that we could come by for a visit where you work. For the meantime I owe you a return favor.

To those of you who know Uncle Pug, I realize I’m preaching to the choir. To those of you who don’t – then I hope you get a chance to meet him.

Uncle Pug:
Thank you very much... I'm blushing... you didn't waste my afternoon at all... I live to serve.
You are kind and generous and without a doubt talented. Thanks for your efforts that you bestowed upon me. Now it's time me to practice what I've learned.

I still think this board needs a shout out forum where we can write about good experiences, gear etc...

That's so sweet. We should all head up to Uncle Pug's house.

For many many years Uncle Pug shares his knowledge and his rare humour with all of us...I am not really suprised that he do the same in his real life also!

Manogr

overxp
up knows this now you do "god works in mysterties way"
if only I could spell .glad you had a life changeing experance

overexposed2X:
What a great teacher and mentor for those of us lucky enough to know him.
Uncle Pug:
I live to serve.
Plus, the dude has a major diving jones.

Now I am really confused.

There are rumors that Uncle pug is just a computer robot generated by the mad professors of GUE.

On his Avatar, he sure doesnt look that purdy, in fact he looks distinctly like a camel, and for those of you unfamiliar with camels, they have an EXTRAORDINARY ability to release gas. Have you seen how many posts he has made??

I think over exposed's post is a conspiracy of counter propaganda to dispell the real truth that Uncle Pug is a DIR Bot.

I will only reverse my view, if I personally get to meet him (or someone pretending to be him) at the SB BBQ at DEMA!

:wink:

Wendy:
That's so sweet. We should all head up to Uncle Pug's house.
Party at Pugs?!!

Somebody post his address-Ill bring the Whiskey!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom