Foot pockets: TUSA Imprex vs. Jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I doubt anyone'll be able to answer this question for me, but I thought I'd give it a shot [maybe some of the shop owners out there can check].

Here's the deal. I've been waiting for my drysuit before buying either the jetfins or the turtle fins. Now that I have my drysuit [and size 9 DUI rockboots]; I tried on my XL Tusa Imprex fins. The fins fit [well, snug, but they fit].

So does anyone know how the jetfin and turtle fin pockets compare to the XL Tusa Imprex pockets?

Spectre, I have both the Imprex fins and the XL Jetfins. I don't however have the Rockboots, just the normal huge drysuit boots in a size 10. I took a pic of them side by side for comparison. It looks like if you can fit the XL Imprex than the XL Jets might fit. I do know that more of the boot is supposed to fit in the Imprex as opposed to the Jetfin. Hope that helps. How do you like the spring straps? I made both sets myself :D

I guess I should have added that the Jetfins fit my drysuit boot pretty snug. The Imprex fins aren't wide enough for my boot though. I can't get the foot in it far enough. After measuring, the Jetfin pocket is almost an inch and a quarter wider than the Imprex. I did also get a pretty good fit in the Jets in my wetsuit boots as well. My foot fits in the pocket a little farther but there is no play and it feels solid. I have never used the Turtle fins but my understanding is that they are alot wider in the foot pocket. I think Oring uses the Turtles with a size 11 Rockboot. I know he posted a pic of the Turtles and Jets side by side, I just can't remember which post it was in.

Thanks... that's really good to see side by side. The imprex pockets are a little snug, but I'll know better tomorrow [I'm planning on doing a little pool diving]. I'm concerned a bit with the height difference... but I don't remember the jetfins being so stiff they wouldn't 'round out'.

I'll be trying on KKM's Turtles sometime in the near future to see how those compare.

Edit: BTW: spring straps look great. What'd you do with the jetfins? Did you use the hockey puck method for the blocks?

I'm concerned a bit with the height difference... but I don't remember the jetfins being so stiff they wouldn't 'round out'.

Yeah, the Jets are flexible enough at the opening to round out around your boot. The blocks for the Jets are actually made from a block of nylon that I had kickin around. It has alot of the same qualities, strength and workability, as Delrin at less than half the price. For the hardware, I just inverted the original hardware and hammered on the pin ends. I wish I had a pool around here to go play in. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get to FL in two weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom