Folly Cove on Sunday, April 27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KapitanSparrow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The water was a cool 42 degrees. It was a 44 min dive at no deeper than 15 ft, with the last 6 minutes a wild dash to the shore and dry clothing. A second dive would've been possible with warmer sunny weather. However, with temp in low 40 and no sun, there was no way to warm up. Can't wait for the coming weekend :wink:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

HAH!!! I Win!! Beat ya into the water by a week!...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I was out checking the platforms and guidelines at the shops training area a week ago Sunday...42 degrees...I REALLY do love my Semi dry!

You get that valve insert out ok?...And "Hi" to M for me...

Kurt

Glad the season up north is finally in gear, Kurt. I was diving 7mm. The insert will stay in forever or until I replace the whole valve. For now I will just use an adapter. It is me spare 3rd tank in case I want to do three dives back to back without stopping by a dive shop for a refill. :wink:

drain the tank...send me the valve...we have the "stuff"..to fix ya up...send it to the shop...put my name on it...I'll get it back to ya asap.

Madison Scuba
686 Progress Way #9
Sun Prairie WI 53590
(608) 219-5075

Thanks for the generous offer Kurt. I really appreciate it, but for the time being I will keep it the way it is and maybe see what the local shops have to say. The insert does not have much of an octagonal thread anymore after I did my best to un-jamm it :wink: Diving again this Saturday. Can't wait! I saw you guys took a trip to Key Largo again. Nice!

NP...be glad to help if I can...may want to try soaking the ENTIRE valve in a 50/50 white vinegar and water mix...heat it up pretty good on the stove..and soak it for 5 minutes...keep in mind white vinegar WILL remove chrome if left for several hrs...but works GREAT for breaking corrosion down. Other best suggestion would be a good ultrasonic cleaning...may do the trick.

Just lemme know if ya want me to take a shot at it...

And yeah..we missed you guys! Woulda been nice to see ya'lls again...maybe cheap Mexico in late Fall?...Puerto Morales?

Back
Top Bottom