Focus/ Sharpness Concerns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GERRY2153:
if you dont think that is sharp.... it's time to see the eye dr

No- that's definitely sharp! I'm not that insane!
I just bookmarked his site - incredible pics and some helpful info too.

Olympus it is!

BTW- I did just have laser eye surgery so I pretty much have superman vision.

Yeah, it's not that the Camera is incapable of that super sharp focus, the problem stems from the difficulty in determining what is and isn't in focus when viewing through the LCD vs the optical viewfinder of a dSLR.

Just takes a little getting used to, a little luck, and a whole lot of practice! Good luck to you, I know you'll be happy with the Olympus.

I did it - I went ahead and purchased the 5060 online. Now I just need to research the housing I want. I'm leaning towards Ikelite, but I need to do some more homework to see if the extra $300 over the PT-020 is worth it.

If anyone's interested - I found the 5060 online NEW, not refurbished at UBdigital.com for 404.99 (434.00 after ground shipping). I'm a little weary since it was so low and I've never bought from them, but the site had decent reviews. And it's not the international model- it still comes with battery, charger, etc. So hopefully I won't have any problems and I just lucked out. They're having this sale until the end of June.

So thanks everyone, I'm sure I'll be happy. And opinions on the different housings are always welcomed!

That price sounds too good to be true, but if you do get it at that price, then my hat's off to you for locking it in.

But if the site is one of those bait and switch operations, then you may be getting a phone call to "confirm" your order, at which point you'll be told that the order isn't available but suddenly becomes available when you decide to add on a few hundred bucks in additional items. Please let us know how everything turns out with UBdigital.com. I haven't heard anything about this site.

Weird- I just went to the site and now their price has jumped up to $459.00! I bought it less than 5 hours ago at 404. I have a receipt for it too. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out.

Just a word of caution if one ever wants to buy from ubdigital.com or other "too good to be true" places.

I had to cancel my order today. I found the c5060 for that incredible price only to find out that it's still not in stock. Before purchasing it, I had called and they told me it was in stock so I went ahead with the purchase. Then I noticed they jacked up their price a few hours later. The next day, I went to track my order and it said it had been cancelled. I was so upset- I figured they realized they made a mistake with the low price and wanted to somehow get me out of the purchase or something. I called them and they said it was not cancelled but it would take another week for the camera to come into their store indefinitely (but asked me if I wanted to cancel!). I was willing to wait for that price but yesterday, 2 weeks after my initial purchase, they said it's going to take another 3-4 weeks before they get it (and would I like to cancel)!
So- yes- I've cancelled and found it someplace else for about 40 bucks more. I've never bought anything else from this place and never will. I do have my ikelite housing sitting at home after only 3 days of ordering from B&H. Reputation is definitely worth the extra bucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom