Focus? I'll do it later.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir

The Voice of Reason
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Finally, a camera suited to my skill level--no focusing required:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/22/technology/22camera.html?pagewanted=1&hp

For a photographer, whether amateur or professional, the Lytro technology means that the headaches of focusing a shot go away. Richard Koci Hernandez, a photojournalist, said that when he tried out a prototype earlier this year, he immediately recognized the potential impact.

“You just concentrate on the image and composition, but there’s no need to worry about focus anymore,” Mr. Hernandez said. “That’s something you do later.”

i hope ikelite makes a housing. only problem is, lytro uses a special file format that is not editable. i'm not sure if you can export raw or tiff from the download software. i think it would be pretty tough to shoot underwater without any photoshop post production.

Also, their software only runs on Mac's so far---Windows version under development.

If you google a bit and/or look at their own support forum the jpg export issue is discussed. It appears do-able, but not their intended use.

Interesting

Back
Top Bottom