Flying with Regulators into and out of the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Resurrecting this thread - it's 2024 now.

Just to clarify. In order to stay within the written rules (whether they are enforced or not) we should take apart our regulators, put in plugs, put 1st & snd stage and octo into hard cases (found some great ones at Harbor Freight, btw) and pack those in our checked luggage. Hoses I suppose can be packed along with neoprene.

My concern is theft. I think if we pack things in hard cases they'll be protected well enough, but those cases will be easy to 'grab-n-go'. I guess we can rent regs there if that happens. It's always a calculated risk.

Just to clarify. In order to stay within the written rules (whether they are enforced or not) we should take apart our regulators, put in plugs, put 1st & snd stage and octo into hard cases (found some great ones at Harbor Freight, btw) and pack those in our checked luggage. Hoses I suppose can be packed along with neoprene.
Not so @Kimela that bloke is is just a bit OTT

I pack my regs to Philippines and many other places in a normal suitcase padded with wetsuit and clothes.

I always carry on my reg, mask, computer and camera so if checked bag gets lost I have my most important stuff. How is this rule enforced on entry to the Philippines if you are coming from, say, Seoul? I can understand on the outbound, but how do they enforce what’s in your carry-on on the inbound?
Thanks.
Rob

I wouldn't think they can enforce it on inbound, i'm headed there in April and plan on having them on my carry on bag like normal. However later in the week when I fly again to do a liveaboard I'll put them in my check bag, as well as when I leave and fly out of Manila.

Scuba reg is NO longer regarded as blunt weapon on any flight in/out of the country for few yrs so it has been allowed in hand carry.
I'm so happy to hear this! Thanks!! :)

The amendment was made in 2019.
Wonderful! Anyone want to buy a couple of Harbor Freight hard cases?! Ha! Just kidding - they'll come in handy for something else. :)

Flying out from the Philippines last time they took a power board off me, for whatever reason I'd bet regs with hoses attached would be classed as the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom