flying question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello tigercrane:

Exercise that is strenuous is one that uses weights (or the weight of the body). If you are simply standing and moving, as contrasted with running or doing squats, I would think that this is not overly strenuous.

In addition, riding a bicycle - at a moderate speed - is also fine. Bad exercises would be those in the category of weightlifting (or any heavy lifting), squats, pushups, etc. Simply moving the limbs around is not a problem with respect to nuclei generation. I would, however, avoid quick, rapid motions.

Dr Deco :doctor:

psssst, tigercrane, word of the day:

"tantric"

:bounce:

I'm scheduled for a trip to the Tubbataha Reefs in May... and this whole flying thing has got me worried since the boat ride to and from the reefs is about 12 hours. I'm thinking of doing trox dives on my last day, at least 6 hours before the boat departs back for the port. If I dive EAN32 like it was air... what would that do in terms of accelerating my off-gassing? I mean, it would be a lot safer right?

jplacson:

so you are talking 18 hours from last dive to flight time? as DandyDon posted earlier,
that is DAN's reccomended minimum after doing several days of repetitive dives.

like i said, i like to wait 24 hours just to be extra extra safe.

and if you are using 32% but following air guidelines, you will be diving "shallower" for those dives. it will not "accelerate" your offgasing, but it seems to me it will give you a shorter offgasing obligation. i guess, practically speaking, it comes to the same?

my short answer: 18 hours should be fine.

(usual "I am not a doctor" type disclaimer)

jplacson:
I'm thinking of doing trox dives on my last day, at least 6 hours before the boat departs back for the port. If I dive EAN32 like it was air... what would that do in terms of accelerating my off-gassing? I mean, it would be a lot safer right?

Huh...?

Anyway, I asked a similar question here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t35317.html

Dive 36% if you can, and your N2 loading will be even less - increasing your safety. I never set my puter on Air on a Nitrox dive, though; I want to know what the machine really thinks of my loading - the less, the better.

don

Back
Top Bottom