Flu Season and Flu Shots - any "scuba specific" thoughts or concerns?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting post. We (me, my wife, and our son) will be traveling to cayman this thanksgiving. He will be 9 mos (almost 10 mos) then. I want to get the flu shot to help protect him, but should he get it as well? I just figured he was too young...

Agree with Supermanwoot. Unless you have a specific contraindication, I see no good reason for not having a flu shot. Being on a plane for several hours and in crowded airports, individual risk for picking up an infectious disease is inevitably increased. Even though a flu shot is not a guarantee, it can't hurt.

My wife is a pharmacist and takes every opportunity to stab me in the name of public (and my personal) health. Have been getting the flu shot for 13 years. We always do a trip in October and I travel a good bit for work. I don't like the idea of sitting on crowded planes and being on vacation sick because I didn't get it.

In the past year have also done Hep A, TDAP, Typhoid, and Yellow Fever as well (trip to Colombia and then through Costa Rica which requires it).

Back
Top Bottom