Flower Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oki Dirt Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Thinking about doing the gardens and was wandering who would be a good operation to book with and what's the best time of the year to go?

Thanks to all that respond :wink:

We have had great experiences on both the Fling and Spree.............

The boats are nice, crew, DM's and food are great..................

Just be careful about when you schedule your trip, there seems to have a number of cancellations, due to weather in the Gulf, early in the season...........

Both times we went in early July.............

Hope this helps...............M

Mid-august is the coral spawn....can get the exact dates NOAA will be out there for it if you're interested.

Love the Spree and Fling. Great dive boats and a quality operation all around.

Not a luxury experence by any means but if you are looking for a teriffic platform to dive the gulf you could do worse.

It's a sort of "3 hots and a cot" kind of diving. Basic and worthwhile.

Yes, the Spree is relocating to Florida. The Fling is the only game in town. I am booked for this weekend. Hoping against hope the weather cooperates. The last 3 weekends have been cancelled. Word to the wise: DO NOT try to go in spring. Weather is on crack.

Spring in the Gulf is different. The waves can be larger and the water is colder.Lots of trips get canceled.

But,its the only time you are going to see Hammerheads.

I have twice seen a hammerheads in summer trips. But it was always leaving as the divers were approaching.

Thanks to everyone who has responded! I noticed you have to book through a dive shop, what's the average cost for the trip not including travel? Is there one shop in particular that's better to book with for this?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom