Flower Gardens-Need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw:
So what boat did you go on? The Spree/Fling or Seasearcher? I was on the Spree Oct 23/24.

The Sea Searcher. I loved it. Only 16 divers instead of 32 like on the Spree and Fling. Also the Fling got two divers bent. (not necessarily a reflection on the boat or operation, I've never been on the Fling or Spree so I'm not trying to degrade the operation) I liked Stetson Bank and the rig dive the best. I plan to try to go again in the Spring. Here are my pics:

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=15zxsqwq.11heglkq&x=0&y=-kwk9cd

This was my first time with this camera underwater. I still got a couple of good shots though.

Outlawaggie,

We understand what you meant to say......two divers on the Fling got themselves bent. Capt. Randy runs a tight ship. They have thorough dive briefing on that vessel and they have a strict "SIT OUT, YOU DON'T DIVE" rule for those that screw around with their rules.

I wish the divers well and hope they have/had speedy and complete recoveries.

Regards,

The Spree had the bent diver and it was one not two. The Fling had none as fas as I know. I was on the Spree when it happened. A lady came up after a dive and complained of shoulder pain. She had surgery on the shoulder 5 years ago. I am not sure she was even bent but after you complain and the crew puts you on oxygen as a precaution then your well your "in it". The crew knew exactly what to do as well as the Dr., RN and Paramedic onboard. The lady is fine now and can dive again but only with Nitrox. A diver can be bent for any reason. They can do all the right things and still have a problem. We witnessed Melanie picking up a Sea Searcher diver god knows how far out by himself and brought him back to the boat. How did he get that far away? Where was his buddy? Should I say the Sea Searcher got a diver lost? If you have never been on the Spree or the Fling don't judge it and don't let people tell you that the boats are crowded when it is really not. I have dove with them they are great and thousands of other people will tell you the same thing. Don't knock it till you've tried it. Rumours are nasty little demons especially when it comes to diving and accidents.

Point taken, however, I didn't say the spree was crowded I said I'd rather dive with 16 than 32. Also, i specifically stated that I was NOT judging the operation as I had never been on it only that a diver got themselves (thanks Cudabait) bent. As for the "lost" diver. He didn't follow instructions and as Cuda said got "himself" lost.

That said, what did you think of the pics? What was your favorite dive spot?

Cudabait:
Outlawaggie,

We understand what you meant to say......two divers on the Fling got themselves bent. Capt. Randy runs a tight ship. They have thorough dive briefing on that vessel and they have a strict "SIT OUT, YOU DON'T DIVE" rule for those that screw around with their rules.

I wish the divers well and hope they have/had speedy and complete recoveries.

Regards,

Cuda,

What shop are you with??

The entire trip to the Gardens while I was staring at this 6 foot barracuda that seemed to REALLY like me I couldn't help but keep thinking of the story on how you got your name.

"That said, what did you think of the pics? What was your favorite dive spot?[/QUOTE]

Your pics are good Outlaw and the Oil Rig was definitely my favorite dive spot. Stetson runs 2nd because of the eels and Manta rays. I included a couple of my pictures in the Member galleries.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/5722

outlawaggie:
What camera setup are you using?

Sea and Sea DX 3000 digital camera with no strobe on the oil rig dive. I also have a wide angle lens on for the oil rig pictures. The other pictures have a YS25 Auto Strobe. It takes great pictures!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom