Flower Gardens-Need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outlawaggie

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to the flower gardens this weekend. :D It will be my first time to the gardens. I was wondering if any of the veterans out there had any advice. Particuliarly on gear or other items I should take with me. TIA

outlawaggie:
I'm going to the flower gardens this weekend. :D It will be my first time to the gardens. I was wondering if any of the veterans out there had any advice. Particuliarly on gear or other items I should take with me. TIA

You might repost this to the Texas Swamp Divers forum,,,,lots of folks there have done the trip....I plan to in 05'!!! Have fun and say HI to Debra/Troy from Arlington/owners of my LDS.

Wow, the weather looks good.

Bring gloves for the bouy lines. Bring two lights plus a tank light for the night dives. Bring a safety sausage if you don't want to borrow one of theirs. Bring a book for the SIs. You can bring DVD's or video tapes for the SI's. Bring sea sickness meds if you get sea sick.

Bring plenty of patience, a good set of ears to listen to the dive briefings, a good appetite for the food, and a good attitude to have fun.

Have fun

TwoBit

Bring a small battery operated alarm clock. Use it to get a 15 to 20 minute head start on dealing with morning matters. Mel will wake divers at 0600.

I'd take a reel or spool so you can send up your sausage without having to be on the surface.
A Fox or Storm whistle AND a DiveAlert
Chocolate, you gotta have chocolate! The little Snicker bars make it easy to make friends.
NITROX tanks, the Flower Gardens is a posterchild dive spot for Nitrox
Something comfortable to wear BETWEEN diving
My wife always takes her own "flavored drink" to mix with water. She prefers "Wylers" lemonade(pink)
She likes to take 2 wetsuits so one is always dry to get into, I just tough it out.
MP3 or walkman type music device-if maldermer(sic) is getting the best of you laying in your bunk listening to some soft music just might be the best thing you can do

So what boat did you go on? The Spree/Fling or Seasearcher? I was on the Spree Oct 23/24.

Back
Top Bottom