Flower Gardens March 20-21 Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was working with a reel, not a finger spool. I was holding the reel as it paid out line. I am guessing this is what go me started ascending and once I got started the air in my BC and dry suit brought me to the surface.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I was working with a reel, not a finger spool. I was holding the reel as it paid out line. I am guessing this is what go me started ascending and once I got started the air in my BC and dry suit brought me to the surface.

TwoBit

That's a good possibility. Thats also one of the reasons I use only spools for recreational depths now.

I like to stow my liftbag with the spool already attached. I can reach back, grab the spool and pull the liftbag free all in one motion.

Then my buddy donates his long hose and purges it under the bag to inflate it and that keeps us both well clear of it while it deploys.

Of course it also helps that I have a regular dive buddy whom I'm very much in tune with. We anticipate and respond to things with each other very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom