Flower Gardens July 7-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1:
Hi Teamfour,
It was great to meet you. Turns out I have two broken ribs but doc says they weren't from the fall they were from the yanking I took on the ladder line on that second dive when the winds and sea was up. Great diving for the dives I got to do. Darn weight pouch would have to come out but now I am sure it was a good thing in the end. Looks like divings out for me for at least 8 weeks. Gotta go back as soon as I can get hubby to forgive me for getting hurt. He's pretty upset about it.

Broken ribs???? From being yanked around on a ladder line???

Elaborate please??

Best wishes on a safe and rapid recovery.

TwoBit

jstuart1:
Hi Teamfour,
It was great to meet you. Turns out I have two broken ribs but doc says they weren't from the fall they were from the yanking I took on the ladder line on that second dive when the winds and sea was up. Great diving for the dives I got to do. Darn weight pouch would have to come out but now I am sure it was a good thing in the end. Looks like divings out for me for at least 8 weeks. Gotta go back as soon as I can get hubby to forgive me for getting hurt. He's pretty upset about it.

Great meeting you as well. Sorry to hear about the ribs. Hope you mend quickly. Maybe some day we will run into each other again.

TwoBitTxn:
Broken ribs???? From being yanked around on a ladder line???

Elaborate please??

Best wishes on a safe and rapid recovery.

TwoBit

Here are the details of what happend. Wed night shortly after boarding I fell and hit my right side on the tank bench when the new locking rubber mat came apart when I stepped on it. When I woke up the next morning I felt totally fine no pain anywhere. I did the first dive and came back up with no problems or pain anywhere. The second dive everything was great until comming back up the current line. It was all I could do to hold onto it due to the jerking from the waves. Made it to the ladder line about 8ft from the ladder. The boat was bouncing up and down and trying to jerk the line from my hand. I made 1 loop of the rope around my arm to I could hold on to get my fins off. HUGE MISTAKE! I really got jerked around then. Got my fins off and waited till the waves settled down to board the ladder. Once onboard I immediately noticed the pain and a popping sensation. Made it to the bench and got my gear off. The pain didn't settle down so I called the next dive and went for a nap. Got up from the nap and still hurt some but felt much better. I can breath fine so I didn't think anything was broke. Seas had settled out so I decided to do the 4th dive. Went in and apparently lost my weight pouch. Didn't figure this one out for a while but did notice it hurt my side some to clear. Dive over. Doc said he doesn't think the fall did it but may have cracked them. As soon as I descirbed the current line ride he said "I know what happend". He said that the jerking on the ladder was what borke them. Overall I feel great but know instanly when I move wrong. Lesson learned: go to the back of the line before taking fins off and NEVER wrap the line around your hand/ arm or other body part.

Judy

Judy

Oh My gosh Judy! How horrible! Sorry to hear you got hurt. We joke a lot about that ladder when the waves are up but it can be a very serious situation. I have skipped a dive just because the ladder looked like to much of a ride for me to handle. It seems this year has been a rough year for the boats. Hopefully it will calm down, I have another trip planned over labor Day. Get Well soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom