Flower Gardens July 7-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lackingcreativity:
The only problem is that the buoys that is 60 miles out is still showing 4.6 foot waves. Do you really want to be out in 4.6 foot waves?

You pay your dime and take your chances - so to speak.

There will probably be some good demonstrations on how to use the barf bags. Usually that part of the briefing and the handout of t6he bags occurs just as you leave the mouth of the inlet. Eat accordingly.

But seas in the 2 - 3 foot range by the time you tie off at FGB should be no problem for diving. And they should continue to improve a bit thru thursday and friday. If you have any seasickness problems, it is that much more important to work at staying hydrated. If in doubt, consider skipping the first dive to give yourself a little more time to get rehydrated.

Enjoy, it's great diving.

Here is a good site for seas forcasts: http://facs.scripps.edu/surf/images/caanim.gif

It's running a bit slow today

awap:
You pay your dime and take your chances - so to speak.

There will probably be some good demonstrations on how to use the barf bags. Usually that part of the briefing and the handout of t6he bags occurs just as you leave the mouth of the inlet. Eat accordingly.

But seas in the 2 - 3 foot range by the time you tie off at FGB should be no problem for diving. And they should continue to improve a bit thru thursday and friday. If you have any seasickness problems, it is that much more important to work at staying hydrated. If in doubt, consider skipping the first dive to give yourself a little more time to get rehydrated.

Enjoy, it's great diving.

Here is a good site for seas forcasts: http://facs.scripps.edu/surf/images/caanim.gif

It's running a bit slow today

Oh, thanks for the reassurance with the barf bags. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend my vacation.

lackingcreativity:
Oh, thanks for the reassurance with the barf bags. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend my vacation.

They're also going to reteach you how to wipe yourself. Certain unpleasantries just can't be avoided. But I find them somewhat easier if they are not also surprises.

BTW, avoid bunk #21. :icon10:

So what's up with bunk #21? How is the boat laid out anyway? ie: bunks to a room, private baths etc. I will be going the end of the month and was wondering what to expect. The last one I was on we had our own private cabin, bath and shower. I am sure this is not the case here...

goofystan:
So what's up with bunk #21? How is the boat laid out anyway? ie: bunks to a room, private baths etc. I will be going the end of the month and was wondering what to expect. The last one I was on we had our own private cabin, bath and shower. I am sure this is not the case here...

I'm most familiar with the Spree. Only been on the Fling a couple times and never on the Seaseacher. On the Spree and the Fling, everyone gets a private cabin, bath, and shower; but they have to share them with everyone else! If you really need privacy, lock the door on the head. And if you forget to lock it, SMILE because you may both be surprised. Link is the layouts of the Spree and Fling.

http://www.gulf-diving.com/info.html

I believe it is bunk 21 on the Spree that is right below the heads #2 & #3. (Head #1 is only good for #1.) In the event that someone fails to follow the head instructions, it is possible for overflow to reach the bunk(s) below.

One of the great thing about the FGB is that you are going to get to know up to 39 other divers and experience some of the best diving available in TX. But luxury and Freeport should probably never be used in the same sentence.

When are you going? I'm headed out again on the 25-27 July trip on the Spree.

The captain(s) will let you know all the specf. of the 'head' system on the boat,,,,and just remember the number "10" as you listen to the briefing! Barf bags are not so bad,,,,I used one a few weeks back for the first time since a kid,,,,course we left in 2-3ft. seas and half way thru our trip were treated to 6ft. seas, and some exciting entery-exits from the boat!! No private baths//turn down bunk service....choc.on the nite pillows or towel animals--lol

What a great trip! Started off a little rough; lots of folks seasick on the ride out (but not me). We had a squall move through between dives 1 and 2 with 35 knot winds. The second dive made for some treacherous times getting back on the boat. Seas got calmer after this. The last dive on Stetson had a SMOKING current in the first 40 feet. Vis was good and we saw a huge spotted eagle ray off the Madracis Ridge. All in all a great trip.

Hi Teamfour,
It was great to meet you. Turns out I have two broken ribs but doc says they weren't from the fall they were from the yanking I took on the ladder line on that second dive when the winds and sea was up. Great diving for the dives I got to do. Darn weight pouch would have to come out but now I am sure it was a good thing in the end. Looks like divings out for me for at least 8 weeks. Gotta go back as soon as I can get hubby to forgive me for getting hurt. He's pretty upset about it.

Back
Top Bottom