Flower Gardens July 7-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have access to the weather data they do. They use a service that they pay for. It has much better information than the NOAA buoy. I also don't know the Lat/Lon for FGB.

I'll keep a warm thought for ya. Have fun.

TwoBit

You should actually hit a nice window between Cindy and Dennis.. I'd bet you'll go.
Rick

Buoy

This buoy is only about 60 miles out, I think, but it's been a pretty accurate gauge for me so far. Just be glad you aren't out there today.

Be sure you watch the wave periods as well as the wave heights.

With the Gulf you just never know!

We talked to Gulf Diving late yesterday afternoon. They stated that the trip was a go...so far. Check their website for the status of the trip. So far it has not been updated. I predict we will go. See you out there!

Looks to me like the trip will go; 5 foot seas as you head out but 2 to 3 foot by the time you get there. So the ride out Wed night may be a bit rough. Bring the sea sick meds and enjoy.

awap:
Looks to me like the trip will go; 5 foot seas as you head out but 2 to 3 foot by the time you get there. So the ride out Wed night may be a bit rough. Bring the sea sick meds and enjoy.

Yeah you right! Still waiting for the official word. I had about 4 hours of 60 mph winds last night. Lots of power outages here. Getting wet will be good therapy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom