Flower Gardens, July 23-24th, Anyone going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UndrWatrDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just checking to see if anyone will be on board the Spree this weekend (that is if she makes it out)?

As of 7:50am this morning, Wave Height (WVHT): 5.9 ft which is well below the 14.4 ft it was at yesterday morning.

Forcast:
NW GULF N OF 25N W OF 90W
INCLUDING FLOWER GARDEN BANKS NATIONAL MARINE SANCTUARY
430 AM CDT THU JUL 21 2005

TODAY AND TONIGHT
S OF 27N E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 5 TO 7
FT IN SE SWELL SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT TONIGHT. N OF 27N SE TO S
WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 3 FT
TONIGHT.

FRI THROUGH SAT
S OF 27N E TO SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO
4 FT. N OF 27N VARIABLE WINDS 10 KT OR LESS. SEAS 2 FT OR LESS.

SUN AND MON
S OF 27N SE TO S WINDS 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. N
OF 27N S TO SW WINDS 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

Danny I have my 'fingers crossed' for you guys!!!

I am one of the trip leaders. Jill's not going on this trip, but according to their website, there is space available. If you're interested in going, contact Debra at Surface Interval Scuba www.siscuba.com I plan on leaving shortly after lunch tomorrow as soon as we receive word on whether the trip is a go or not.

Did Dan see the whale shark????

Did Danny make it back or is he still diving!!! lol

No Allen, unfortunately they made me get off the boat so I am home. I missed the whale shark by 2 days! Had a great trip though. Weather was wonderful, food was good, and the diving was great. Capt'n Frank said you couldn't get weather any better and it was great, seas of 1-2' most of the trip.

Saw a couple sharks on the East Bank. One was very curious about my light on the night dive. Had to turn it off till he went away because it looked like he wanted it for supper. Lots of Ocean triggers, morays, and barracuda. Saw three huge southern stingrays and a couple sharks on Stetson Bank. There was a significant current and thermocline at 70' on Stetson. Temp dropped from 86 at 71' to 75 at 75'.

I've posted some pics, that I took, on my website:
http://www.lonestardiver.com/fg2005/flwrgrdns2005.htm

I'm heading for Baja on Friday, a day of diving in Cabo on Saturday then on to La Paz on Sunday and they have been seeing whale sharks and hammerheads so I hope to get my first sighting of a whale shark some time next week!

Back
Top Bottom