Florida rule 1A-31 shipwreck salvage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captainfizz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is everyone aware that Tallahassee is attempting to stop the private sector from legal shipwreck salvage? If this pass'es it would have long term ill effects on sales of dive gear, and divers that come to Florida on vacation to dive with the Salvage Companies, and Dive Shops. Its another power grab by Bureaucrats to expand the Bureaucracy into another tax funded department we as taxpayers can't afford. Only a few days left to protest. Please email the Secretary of State and ask him to say NO to 1A-31 Shipwreck Salvage. secretaryofstate@dos.state.fl.us Thank You, Capt. Carl Fismer

Do you have anymore information on this? How about a link to the legislation?

I can see how this legislation might affect divers coming to Florida to dive with the salvage companies (although I didn't realize this was a big thing); however, I don't understand how it would affect dive gear sales or vacation divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom