Florida mini lobster season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floridanewbe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What are the dates for the mini season?

I'm a Florida Keys resident temporarily away in the caribbean, but I want to remind everyone that there are several unnecessary fatalities every mini-season. Please make sure you are in good physical condition. Start getting ready now. If you need to take a refresher, do it now. Follow the rules, be safe, and take what you are allowed to and no more. Thanks for reading my post and have a good time.

On several occaisons I have driven by Jupiter and Juno Beach after midnight and witnessed at least two search helicopters scouring the ocean offshore for lost divers. You can sense mayhem in the air during those two days. I am perfectly fine waiting until sun-up to begin my fun...

I love mini-season wooooooooooot wooooooooooooot!!!

On several occaisons I have driven by Jupiter and Juno Beach after midnight and witnessed at least two search helicopters scouring the ocean offshore for lost divers. You can sense mayhem in the air during those two days. I am perfectly fine waiting until sun-up to begin my fun...

That's the coasties and their high tech gear, scouting for when they get off at 8 AM:D

Stupid Question:

What are the requirements for an out of state diver to come down and partake of the fun for the upcoming mini-season? (Apart from coming up with a ride: calling in sick: and sneaking all one's dive gear out the door without one's spouse becoming suspicious.)

Stupid question #2: If the 29th and 30th are the "mini" season, when is the full on, get your grub on, stuff yourself with bugs and dive dive dive till your legs forget how to walk on dry land, regular lobster season? :D:D:D

Thanks for answering a PITA newb's questions.

Stupid Question:

What are the requirements for an out of state diver to come down and partake of the fun for the upcoming mini-season? (Apart from coming up with a ride: calling in sick: and sneaking all one's dive gear out the door without one's spouse becoming suspicious.)

Stupid question #2: If the 29th and 30th are the "mini" season, when is the full on, get your grub on, stuff yourself with bugs and dive dive dive till your legs forget how to walk on dry land, regular lobster season? :D:D:D

Thanks for answering a PITA newb's questions.

Not a stupid question. I also had to rummage through a lot of google hits before I got the information from the horse's mouth. Here you go!

FWC Saltwater Fishing Regulations - Lobster

What are the requirements for an out of state diver.

Saltwater non-resident fee:
$47 for 1 year
$30 for 7 days
$17 for 3 days

Plus $2 for a lobster permit

when is the ..... regular lobster season?

August 6th, every year. Season ends on March 31st at midnite, every year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom