Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAlphaMag

Reaction score
I'm getting my PADI OW in the coming few weeks, and I was wondering what is worth checking out after I get my cert. I'm probably getting my certification with reef raiders in Key West becuase they offer free rentals on future dives if I get a cert with them.

My oceanography teacher told me his favorite place in the world to dive was Key Largo.. What's so special about it?

The suspense is killing me!

What's so special about Key Largo diving? Hmmmm, lots of gorgeous shallow reefs, great wrecks, warm water, good viz, lots of sea life, easy diving, challenging diving.....seems that it has just about everything and can appeal to all kinds of divers.

If you're getting certified in Key West, spend a few days in Key Largo afterward and find out for yourself what all the fusd is about. :wink:

My husband and I dove Key Largo as our first dive trip after certification and it was the perfect place (in our opinions) for us as newbies to get out on our own with minimal supervision. Although we haven't been back since then, we're really looking forward to spending 3 days diving in Key Largo before our Nekton cruise next summer. This time we aren't likely to spend all of our time on the reefs, but instead do the wrecks we weren't even close to ready to do back then....like the Duane, the Eagle, and the Grove (of course). :D

I don't think I could say it much better than that...try it out, you won't regret it!

also, try scanning the Florida Conch Divers Section...we're mostly friendly people and there are answers to all of your Keys-related questions there

And those shallow reefs means lots of bottom time!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom