Florida - good tec spots for continuing training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, arifact recovery, lets destroy all the wrecks so future generations cannot enjoy them. Sorry, but you are f*****g a******
Some wrecks are degrading super fast and turning into rubble piles. A well preserved artifact will tell the story of that wreck in a tangible way long after time has destroyed it.

Some wrecks are degrading super fast and turning into rubble piles. A well preserved artifact will tell the story of that wreck in a tangible way long after time has destroyed it.

I feel the same way about artifacts I find in caves. You should see the mastodon bones on my mantle. :)

(the above is a joke, seriously people)

Right, and that's exactly what a diver on a New Jersey wreck is doing with their hammer and chisel

Sorry, but you are f*****g a******

Might be time for some of that “light deco” you espouse.

I got my new AL40s rigged if you need accelerated deco.

Two good breaths, hand over my reg, slow release while you get your two breaths, repeat.

As long as it’s a steel deco bottle.

Can't forget your brass bolt snaps hose clamped directly on the bottle

buoyancy, trim, propulsion

If you ever see him or his students in the water, it is abundantly clear

You sure are painting with pretty broad strokes their buddy (pun intended.)

As a former student of John’s that began with the DIR / GUE thing, I’m just gonna flat out call BS followed with cum Hoc ergo propter hoc.

To anyone reading this, I’d say if you’re looking for a class on buoyancy , trim , or propulsion, look elsewhere. If you’re looking to wreck dive, he should be strongly considered.

I choose to learn from many different viewpoints / instructors. Some have been horrible, some have been great. John’s record speaks for itself and it is folly to disregard his opinions; he’s old , he’s bold, and he’s still alive and diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom