florida gators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded:
GO KNIGHTS!
When I went to the UF, we always referred to that local school as "Bithlo Tech"! :D It's good to see that it has grown up a bit!

NetDoc:
When I went to the UF, we always referred to that local school as "Bithlo Tech"! :D It's good to see that it has grown up a bit!
FIGHTIN WORDS!!!!!
we'll see you in the swamp on september 9th!
:m16:

james croft:
I think you will have no problems in the Springs at Crystal River. I have been out at night and seen some red eyes wit a spotlight while navigating on the river. They were attached to gators. Dive the springs in the day and you will have no problems and should not see a gator. if you do, rub his belly. They like that.
:lol:
Now, How can you rub his belly when you will have no arms!!

NetDoc:
Some will always see the truth as "fightin' words". :D
just went to gainesville the other day.
that's some campus you got there.
hopefully after we've been open for 100 years ours will look like that
:)

NetDoc:
Depending on the size of the gators present you should perhaps carry a "Gator Bell" to warn them of your presence and some pepper spray for defense. To figure out the size of the gators present though, you have to inspect their poop. Gators under 12 ft have poop that is small to a moderate in size with a normal smell. Gators larger than 12 ft have a much larger poop with tiny little bells and it smells like pepper spray.
:lol: :lol2: :god:

Are you supposed to rub their bellies from the outside, or the inside?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom