Florida diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, Should have scrolled up just a little further.:tree:Bob

The 19th is good for me also.

I will need some help though on where to meet and how to get there please.

Give me the time and place you want to meet and let's go.

Also, I would assume the water temp is in the 70s so I can get by on my 3 mil?

The water is always 72 to 73 temp.......I will give you a call monday socaldiver...... yes Bob I was Airborne, I just got out few months ago, I was in the 65th MP (abn) at Ft Bragg NC were you in?

OK, but can we do this in the morning or around lunch? I want to leave for Boynton that evening...

They only let a certain amount of divers in at once,800am would be great ....that is when they open but I understand you guys have a bit of a drive so anytime is good for me:)

When we talk on Monday you can give me an idea of how long it will take to get there. I would assume 1 to 1 1/2 hours so that's not a big deal.

I'm stoked!! Haven't heard from NetDoc, I hope he can join us. BTW, I will need a dive buddy.

Another question I have, will I be able to shoot some pics? Would love to get a good shot of a Manatee.

Have a good weekend. I'm out of here. No access to the net yet at home either (argh)

Nautical Noble,
Yes, I was in the Army. I was in the Air Cav in '70 and '71. My unit was the first of the nineth. That was a long time ago, EH?:tree:Bob

Unfortunately the 19th will not work for me... I am training a bunch of Venture moms and dads... If I can sneak away though, I would love to. Two points of note...

IT's Manatee time... the folks at the park will scrub any and all dives if they are up by the boil area, where they might be in the a.m. if it is cold (springs are how the cute guys stay warm). They usually move out by noon or so to feed in the river and play dodge with the motor boats. If only they would use diver down flags!!!

NO LIGHTS... unless everyone in your party is cavern or cave certified (I ain't either), NO ONE is allowed to take lights. Its a $100 fine and they can confiscate ALL of your SCUBA gear. Yes, they can and will do "strip searches" for the buggers too.

Last thing (this one is free) Its a beautiful spring and you can go to about 80' or so before the light gives out, but you can get bored quick. It can be a great place for follow the leader, as my son likes to play it there. There is a great drift dive after the spring (if you are there after 1:00) where you can see Blue Crabs, and mullet, and Plekos, and gar, and bass, and turtles, and what ever else might be in the water at that time.

Again, I will try to adjust my schedule to accomodate the group! Make note to self; don't forget to schedule Blue Spring dive #30!!! I would go just to meet everyone!!!AND, if you guys ever want to dive with me, don't forget the PM option... I almost missed this thread!

After much PM'ing back and forth, I think we have reached a consensus. We are looking at 1030am for the dive. The address is 2100 West French Ave Orange City FL. It is easy to find. Just take I-4 to Deland and follow the signs to the Blue Spring State Park. Dive fees are $5 per person. We will meet at the entrance to the park. Look forward to seeing everyone there! How does that fit everyone's schedule?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom