Florida Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frankenberry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
These pictures are from the reef off of Boynton Beach, FL.
I used a Canon Powershot 850IS with a cheap-o SeaLife strobe and diffuser. The base was a homemade aluminum base because the original base was plastic and it broke (1st dive out).

White-Spotted Filefish
IMG_14611.JPG

Spiny Lobster in Coral
IMG_14601.JPG

Banded Butterflyfish
IMG_14081.JPG

Christmas Tree Worms
IMG_1402.JPG

Gray Angelfish
IMG_1384.JPG

Very nice. I especially liked the lobster pic. Some people on this board get irritated with posts of large-sized photos, but not me. The large size made me feel that I was right there. Plus there is a lot of detail in your photos that would be lost if they were posted small.

Very nice. I especially liked the lobster pic. Some people on this board get irritated with posts of large-sized photos, but not me. The large size made me feel that I was right there. Plus there is a lot of detail in your photos that would be lost if they were posted small.

I Agree 100 %.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe next time I will post them a little smaller. I just pointed the URLs to my gallery.

I went with a charter called Splashdown Divers (Splashdown Divers - Palm Beach County, Florida - Scuba Diving Boats and Charters - PADI Scuba Diving Certification - Serving West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Highland Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Florida.). I frequent Splashdown Divers and I like that charter a lot. Underwater Explorers goes out of the same marina and I would imagine that they dive similar reefs. Although I have never been diving with Underwater Explorers, I understand that they have a nice operation.

This weekend I am going to West Palm and I will be diving with The Scuba Club (Welcome to The Scuba Club, America's Only Country Club For Scuba Divers in West Palm Beach, FL). They are another excellent operation and their facilities are second to none. I will be sure to post some pics after I get back. I'm still practicing underwater photography... trying to get better before I make a larger investment in equipment. The addition of my diffuser made a HUGE difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom