Florida Diving Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 on the SeaExperience suggestions, I'll be diving with them again this weekend. Lots of good wrecks and the occasional nice reef.

As usual, Debby is spot on on her diving advise for So FLA. EXCEPT for this part:

She's a self-proclaimed WWWW and projects that onto all us who happen to enjoy winter diving in 70 degree water very much. It's like diving with the AC on :)

Yesterday for example, there were 20 divers on the boat, 15 of them from right here in South Florida! Come on down the pool is open.

And the problem with www is??? :D :D :D I'll dive in the cold water, but will bitch the whole time and love every minute of it!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I have no beef with WWW divers... I include myself in the group, my coldest dive to date has been 69 degrees on a night dive.

Winter time in Florida is my favorite time of year to dive. Hot dive boats are not my friend. Just like snow skiing, it's all about proper attire...

" Broward County (Fort Lauderdale is the center of the county) is the only place in the continental US where you can swim off shore to a coral reef! How far depends on what beach; it's closest in at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea (LBTS)"

In West Palm Beach County, one of the PREMIER Beach Diving locations would be Phil Foster's Park at the Blue Heron Bridge. Easy parking, free entry, lots of marine life, so bring a camera if you want to, plus you'll see some rare vertebrate and invertebrate life, all in about 18 to 20 feet of water. Recommend diving 30 mins before high slack tide which will give an hour twenty minutes before the turn. Local dive shops nearby, quick to mind would be Force E just before the bridge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom