Florida Cave Watch...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An observation: Peacock was probably like what most non-cavers imagine a cave to be: dark and spooky. Heading there again this morning.

Peacock is really cleaning up. Far, far clearer today than yesterday. It's still a bit spooky, but mother nature is doing her best to get back to normal. We went to Olsen, then made the jump to peanut and back to P1. Flow is still fairly high for Peacock, so no kicking was needed on the way out. There's a layer of silt over everything, so it's really easy to see new hand prints where someone lost control of their buoyancy. I'm sending in CSI to take fingerprints in that clay. Other than that, @tbone1004 & I had a really fun time. 2 hour dive and like maybe 3,100 feetish. I'm spit balling that.

Was asked by Shelli, one of the Park Volunteers to remind EVERYONE to use the blue ticket system. Even those of us with a State issued year pass should just write "Year Pass" in the envelope and stuff it in. Do it on every visit! Why? Florida allocates funds based on usage. Every envelope you stuff in their box is a ballot voting it as a pretty popular park. Because so many Floridians use their year pass, Peacock's use gets way under reported. It only takes a minute and will help keep it open.

FWIW, if you do see me at Peacock, or one of the other springs: No, I don't wear a dry or wet suit. When you're built like a manatee, as I am, you get to dive like one! Dive and let dive! :D :D :D

FWIW, if you do see me at Peacock, or one of the other springs: No, I don't wear a dry or wet suit. When you're built like a manatee, as I am, you get to dive like one! Dive and let dive! :D :D :D

Manatees do not have crotch straps.

Manatees do not have crotch straps.
Um, one does. :D :D :D

@tbone1004 and I did the Grand Traverse today. It was my first time and I was happy to see even better clarity today. It's not Gin clear, but it's damn near it. There was a distinct cold spot near Challenge sink, but for the most part, it seemed to be normal temps.

BsEwe1-screenshot_20190313-141912_connect.jpg

BsEwe2-screenshot_20190313-141850_connect.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom