Florida cave suit for class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeez that's toasty compared to here.

I gotta ask, why do I see most people in photo's wearing drysuits???

Many divers do dives that are 60-180 minutes long with substantial deco. While 72 may be relatively warm, it does rob the body of heat quickly. Probably 1/3 of the divers use wetsuits, especially in the summer months when having a dry suit on - and not in the water is miserably hot and uncomfortable.

Jeez that's toasty compared to here.

I gotta ask, why do I see most people in photo's wearing drysuits???

You tend to become less tolerant of the temps. When I first moved here I would dive a wet suit in the summer and dry suit in the winter, no hood. After about a year I started wearing a hood on every dive. Now I only wear a wet suit when I'm diving really tight cave that requires a wet suit.

I used to wear a wetsuit for dives up around an hour. now I couldn't imagine doing that.
it sucks for a few minutes before your dive in the summer but to me it's worth it to be comfortable IN the water

I love my 4th element 2 piece undergarments

yhst-58429541199777_2152_72511765

Kept me warm on Sunday, great dive too.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom