Florida Cave Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the help everyone, I have started to look into the people and will start making some contacts. Looking forward to it.

David Rhea would be the first choice. When I discussed with George Irvine about who he would recommend to someone interested in cave training, he told me David Rhea or Tyler Moon. He said they have the most experience training than anyone he knows and they have the background and skill set to ensure world class training.

I have never heard 1 negative or bad thing about those guys and all I know who have taken courses from them have absolutely loved it.

Tyler Moon is excellent. My cave diving buddy did his Intro to Cave with Tyler and had nothing but good to say about the training he received. Tyler also sits on the Training Committee for the NSS-CDS.

John Orlowski out in Luraville at cave excursions(the best place to get your tanks filled by the way). He is not big on the academics but is a good teacher as far as technique and survival skills... I thought his classes were good and I got ALOT of diving in! I would stay away from GUE, they have some good ideas but pass it off like **** propaganda!

You have no clue what you are talking about. Try taking a class from a GUE instructor and you will find that your statement is way off base.

Could people stop making reference to ****s? These comments are offensive to many and just plain childish and show the poster's IQ.

BIGJC once bubbled...
I would stay away from GUE, they have some good ideas but pass it off like **** propaganda!

BIGJC once bubbled...
John Orlowski out in Luraville at cave excursions(the best place to get your tanks filled by the way). He is not big on the academics but is a good teacher as far as technique and survival skills... I thought his classes were good and I got ALOT of diving in! I would stay away from GUE, they have some good ideas but pass it off like **** propaganda!

Have to agree that John is a decent person... spent part of christmas at his home in Gainsville last year. Nice guy.

However, the **** statement is pure bull****. Sure, I have heard some wankers talk people down and pass themselves off as DIR converts. But there are closed-minded individuals everywhere. That's not the special purview of GUE, DIR or Hogarthian philosophies.

Fact is that most of the GUE staff I've met (and I teach for a rival organization) have been professional and helpful. And while GUE may suffer the vagaries in philosophy of any closely-held corporation, I'd suggest that rounding up Jews and Homosexuals for extermination, invading Poland and being the major causal factor for a whole generation of young men and women to loose their youth, is NOT SOMETHING one can lay at GUE's doorstep.

You may not agree with their methods -- that's YOUR right... I'm sure nobody wants to take your rights away from you -- but even on a bad day, no one at GUE ressembles Hitler!

BIGJC that was not necessary. Certainly you have the right to your opinion, but if you ever met, talked to or had anything to do with ANY GUE instructor you would not have made such a comment because you will never find a GUE instructor remotely comparable to a ****.

You decide what is best for you, but statements like yours are not professional and not constructive at all. If you have an issue with GUE or a GUE instructor, speak about the details of it and give your opinion, don't just wave your sword around with blind statements.

Just got back from cave 1 with Tyler and I would recommend him any day of the week. An awesome guy and a great instructor..

Yep, he really is a good guy. He came to Finland and gave some courses and people here loved him too.

Glad you enjoyed your course. Did you do it in High Springs?

DIR Tec Diver once bubbled...
Yep, he really is a good guy. He came to Finland and gave some courses and people here loved him too.

Glad you enjoyed your course. Did you do it in High Springs?
Ginnie, Peacock, and Devil's..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom