Florida 1/16-1/19/04 - Grove/Duane/Bibb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IzzyTahil

Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking of diving the Grove over the MLK holiday (1/19). Lets see a show of hands of anyone interested - if we get 6 I'm pretty sure we can charter a boat and tell them where we want to dive. I'm interested in the wrecks... Dutchfin will prob join me and possibly Vadim.

Izzy

If you did it later I'd be in. ingreevox is playing for a week during spring break, sometime in March. A few of us are thinking of going down for the week. The plan is to dive all day!

And regardless of where it is, if we're there for the week, why not take a few road trips? Maybe Ginnie for a day, the Grove, etc

I'm definately in Izzy. Actually suppossed to dive the Spiegal Grove this coming week-end. I'm sure it will take more than 1 dive to heck her all out !! Keep me posted.........Oh yeah, sorry you guys didn't get to do your thing at Dutch this week-end. Looks like you guys got hammered with snow!! How about them Pat's !!

We're more likely than not going to be living in Fla by Feb. We'll hook up with you guys anytime you come down after then. If anyone wants to think a bit further ahead, Jen and I are getting married in Key West Jan 04'. We're then going to be staying in a couple of different hotels from KW to Key Largo and diving or butts off.

Anyone we name as a "wedding guest" will get discounted rates on the hotels.

Scott

Acck :dunce:

No, I mean "next" January, which would be 2005.

I'm going to finish my coffee before I post anymore :D

Scotty - congratulations!

Dutchfin - did you dive the Grove this past w/e?? Which operator did you use? I'd like to coordinate with you and confim my travel before Xmas. Anyone else in?

Was supposed to do it this coming week-end. Still waiting on comfirmation from one of the ppl on the board. Have made alternate plans in case it don't pan out. Got to love this place

I dive the Keys on a regular basis. To dive the Grove, you have lots of choices but if you can schedule it, dive with Diver City located near MM90. The have steel 95 tanks (and NITROX) and will NOT take experienced divers to a shallow reef for a second dive. They also specialize in the Duane and Bibb. All the other shops use AL80s and do a second dive on a reef or the Benwood (although not a bad dive at all). If you want a shop that goes out all the time to the Grove then Horizon Divers is your best bet (MM100).

If time permits, you must dive the Eagle. This is by far the best wrech in the Keys. Be prepared for CURRENTS on the Grove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom