Flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to contact Intova. My buddy has had a couple of cameras replaced outright, or deeply discounted, by them.
They are pretty much useless. They will tell you that their policy is to run housing inspections for you for $75 annually, and if you did not go for it this is all your fault.

If you can't get it going, and the manufacturer is no help then try this. I did it with a flooded gopro hero2 successfully.
  1. Remove the battery and discard it. buy a new battery.
  2. Wash the camera in rubbing alcohol or fresh water (I used alcohol).
  3. Dry completely. Several days (at least) in a low humidity environment. I used a large room dehumidifier in a small bathroom. If there are any screws to remove the casing of the camera, this can enhance your ability to dry the inside of it.
Then give it a shot. Also, my gopro will no longer charge its own batteries via USB. Instead I use an external charger. Everything else works fine.

Contrary to popular belief, most electronics don't instantly die when contacted with water. Water + being powered on can be bad. Water can damage electrolytic capacitors and batteries (because most have some type of vent system). Salt crystals can damage moving parts in the camera by preventing them from moving. I've no idea what it would do to the optic sensor (ccd etc).

I've washed computer (PC, not dive) motherboards in a dishwasher before and used them for years afterward.

Today I received a brand new Sport HD I action cam from the INTOVA tech support for a special reduced prize.
Thanks INTOVA Tech Support !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom