Flooded Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Believe it or not you could get lucky. I would remove the batteries and rinse it well with distilled water, Shake out the excess and dry either with a low heat from a blow dryer at distance or immerse in a bag of rice for a few days. The key is get out the conductive salt water residue. My cottage customers are always dropping things in the lake and we use the rinse and rice routine with good results. But fresh water is more forgiving and salt water is corrosive. Hey you never know. Good luck.

if the lens has been flooded and has salt stains on it, it would be extremely hard to soak that kind of stuff out and leave all the surfaces of the lens spot free so that the pictures not be effected.

Underwater Camera Housing Leak Detector

I never leave home without it !!! Cheapest insurance you can get and Jeff is great to deal with. I bought two.

Very easy to deal with. He now has a flat rate price of $36. US Dollars which includes shipping anywhere in the world. A very efficient setup, especially with a PayPal payment.

Marine Camera Distributors stated they are unable to get some of the parts for their device due to the earthquake/tsunami in Japan and Backscatter stated their device is not longer available.

if the lens has been flooded and has salt stains on it, it would be extremely hard to soak that kind of stuff out and leave all the surfaces of the lens spot free so that the pictures not be effected.
I have found on some cameras this is a sealed area so as to avoid dust intrusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom