Flights Bali to Manado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I don't know anything about locker storage.
I've never seen one at the airports here, but then again, I've never actually looked for them.

The Jakarta soekarno hatta airport consist of 3 terminals. Now, Air Asia is using the new terminal 3 - very nice facility for budget airline. AFAIK, Lion air or Batavia still using terminal 1 - not really within walking distance; and you may have to wait up to 1 hour for the shuttle bus - or using Taxi.

Terminal 1A, B and 2 has a left luggage facility - but not at terminal 3 (at least when I was there July 2010. The rate are not expensive:
0 – 10 kg ( Small) = Rp. 25.000 / day.
11 – 20 kg (Medium) = Rp. 35.000,-/ day
21 – 30 kg (Large) = Rp. 45.000,- / day
31 – 50 kg (Extra Large) = Rp. 60.000,- / day
Surfing board = Rp.65.000,- / day
Golf set = Rp. 75.000,- / day
Laptop = Rp. 50.000,- / day
Bicycle = Rp. 75.000,- / day

If you only have 4 hours or less, better stay in the airport - jakarta traffic is terrible.

Wisnu, you're a legend. Come and bring your 2 young ones down next May to Lembeh mate. I will have my family there as well. We will be staying at NAD with Mike.

I think I will opt for the direct flight from Denpasar to Manado. Hopefully Lion Air will be reliable enough.

Cheers
G

Hi Gee13

The Lion Air flight to Manado stops in Makassar and is not a direct flight.

Wisnu, you're a legend. Come and bring your 2 young ones down next May to Lembeh mate. I will have my family there as well. We will be staying at NAD with Mike.

I think I will opt for the direct flight from Denpasar to Manado. Hopefully Lion Air will be reliable enough.

Cheers
G

Gee,
Thanks for the kind words,
We love Lembeh, we will visit again next year, don't know the exact schedule; but during the school holiday.
Last year we tried to book NAD but they're fully booked; and ended with KBR; very nice resort but a bit pricey.

So far, we never experience any problem with Lion air.

Hi guys, yes realise stopover in Makassar. Is it a change flight? Or usually just to drop off passengers/ pick up some more? Im a little worried about delays - didnt you have a situation once in Manado Wisnu? I have some interconnect international flights so long delays may be an issue.

Looks like its either Garuda or Lion Air. Garuda seems to have more decent fly times at this stage. Anyone care to suggest any decent agents that can do a good price on the flights?

Thanks again my friends.

Gee.
1 - 2 hours delay is not uncommon in Indonesia. I've traveled Manado 6x, from/to Jakarta, or KL or Singapore or Bali. Except 1 occasion, all flight are on-time or slightly earlier.
You don't have to change flight in Makasar either Garuda or Lion air.

The only "good" experience with cancelation was on Silk air to singapore 19 Dec. 2009 - no flight from/to Manado at all that day due to very bad weather. I said good, as Silk offered to all passenger to singapore via Jakarta using budget airline (lion Air) on the next day or overnight in Manado until monday with full board accomodation in Manado nice hotel. We took the second option and enjoyed the Tomohon highland - and then the insurence paid us more than the ticket fare for that delay.

For ticket from Bali, you can check with your dive operator or contact travel agent, .:: Bayu Buana -Travel Services ::. has office in Bali. So far, I have good experience with them either for ticketing (garuda) or hotel booking.

I have a question for you'all. I'm about to pull the trigger on a trip to Lembeh/Bunaken.
I just saw that the price on Lion Air DPS/MDO just dropped from what it was a few weeks ago. Will it drop more? Am I going to be able to book via interrnet from the U.S.? ( I've had this problem in other countries.)
I read somewhere that often the price drops closer to the date of departure.
I'm going in early Nov.

Am I going to be able to book via interrnet from the U.S.?
Probably not.
Unless something changed recently, it is pretty much impossible to book domestic Indonesia flights from outside Indonesia directly with the airlines. Unless of course you live in a country where they have an office (Lion Air has offices in S'pore for example).

You will have to deal with a local travel agent or your dive operator for help with domestic tickets (or show up and try to get a ticket for the next available flight).
If you use one of the online agents like TravelIndo.com, expect to add a small commission and probably be charged at an exchange rate that is far enough off the official rate, that it serves as an added commission for the agent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom