Flight to Indonesia with intention to go to Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I understand the requirement, but it's worthwhile to check, given that from the U.S.A. it can take a couple of days to get to Indonesia.

Let's say that on on Monday you fly out of the U.S. in the morning, arrive in Tokyo late afternoon, then fly on to arrive in Jakarta close to midnight. (You'll fly domestically within Indonesia the next day, but that's not an issue for this discussion).

The requirement, as I've read it, is your PCR test has to've been done before 2x48 (that's what I read!) - so 48 - hours before departure.

Question: Is that before departure from the U.S.A., or from Tokyo?

If your local clinic is closed on Sunday, you may've gotten your PCR test done Saturday. That's within 48 hours of your departure from the U.S., but not not Tokyo.
Read the small print on the entry requirement of your final destination.
It is within 48hrs from the last direct flight to HK. We are being governed by a bunch of morons.
If the final stop over is long but not long enough time for a PCR test result to come through then the only option is to stay overnight. The worst would be the result come back +ve!!!!

Just be sure you get a RT-PCR and not just any PCR test for entry.
Thanks. I had not heard of RT specifically. I wonder how many of the PCR tests being done out there meet that specification? I've used one of the First Care Clinic locations in my area; I think Walgreens also does testing.

Thanks. I had not heard of RT specifically. I wonder how many of the PCR tests being done out there meet that specification? I've used one of the First Care Clinic locations in my area; I think Walgreens also does testing.
RT-PCR is more or less the standard for many places.
Ever heard of NAAT testing?
Just to add more confusion. LOL.

RT-PCR is more or less the standard for many places.
Ever heard of NAAT testing?
Yes, I'd heard of NAAT, though I'd never had to reason to break PCR tests down into different types; the distinction between antigen tests vs. PCR tests was the main concern.

Went Googling after reading your post. The CDC has a page stating:

NAATs can use many different methods to amplify nucleic acids and detect the virus, including but not limited to:

• Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)
  • Isothermal amplification including:
    • Nicking endonuclease amplification reaction (NEAR)
    • Transcription mediated amplification (TMA)
    • Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP)
    • Helicase-dependent amplification (HDA)
    • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)
    • Strand displacement amplification (SDA)

So RT-PCR is one type of NAAT PCR, but there are others. Then I found:

Indicates:

Updated on 5 April 2022 per National COVID-19 Task Force Circular Note No. 17/2022.

In order to monitor, control, and evaluate for preventing an increase in the transmission of COVID-19 including the new and future variants of SARS-Cov-2, the Government of Indonesia has implemented a policy to enter Indonesia.

All international travelers (foreign national) who will enter the territory of the Republic of Indonesia shall make readjustments with regards to their travel d documents, to ensure compliance with the provisions regarding categories of foreign nationals allowed to enter Indonesia, which includes vaccination certificates, PCR test provisions, and quarantine duration.

Effective on 12 January 2022, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia has re-opened Indonesia for international tourists. Please see “Visa to Enter Indonesia" for more information.

Foreign travelers must show a negative RT-PCR test result in the country or region of origin which samples were taken within a maximum period of 2 x 24 hours before the departure time.

All international travelers (Indonesian citizen and Foreign citizen) are required to quarantine with the following categories:

1. Quarantine period 5 x 24 hours for those who have not been vaccinated or have received first dose of vaccination.
  2. Quarantine period for minor under 18 years or required exceptional protection is followed the provisions of the parents/legal guardians/travel companions.

First Care Clinic claims they don't do PCR for travel due to time constraints for results; Walgreens offers 2 PCR options:

PCR Laboratory Test

• Results are available within 48 hours1
  • Samples are sent to a laboratory for testing
  • Meets pre-travel testing requirements

Rapid NAAT Test

• Results are available within 2 hours
  • Samples are tested on-site
  • Meets most pre-travel testing requirements, check with your destination to verify
I don't see any indicator as to whether it's 'RT.'

Annoying...

Yes, I'd heard of NAAT, though I'd never had to reason to break PCR tests down into different types; the distinction between antigen tests vs. PCR tests was the main concern.

NAATs can use many different methods to amplify nucleic acids and detect the virus, including but not limited to:

PCR Laboratory Test

Rapid NAAT Test

• Meets most pre-travel testing requirements, check with your destination to verify

Annoying...
It is very annoying.
Rapid NAAT test is the most expensive because of the quickness to obtain the result. Otherwise still with RT-PCR.

Indicates:

Updated on 5 April 2022 per National COVID-19 Task Force Circular Note No. 17/2022.

In order to monitor, control, and evaluate for preventing an increase in the transmission of COVID-19 including the new and future variants of SARS-Cov-2, the Government of Indonesia has implemented a policy to enter Indonesia.

All international travelers (foreign national) who will enter the territory of the Republic of Indonesia shall make readjustments with regards to their travel d documents, to ensure compliance with the provisions regarding categories of foreign nationals allowed to enter Indonesia, which includes vaccination certificates, PCR test provisions, and quarantine duration.

Effective on 12 January 2022, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia has re-opened Indonesia for international tourists. Please see “Visa to Enter Indonesia" for more information.

Foreign travelers must show a negative RT-PCR test result in the country or region of origin which samples were taken within a maximum period of 2 x 24 hours before the departure time.

All international travelers (Indonesian citizen and Foreign citizen) are required to quarantine with the following categories:

1. Quarantine period 5 x 24 hours for those who have not been vaccinated or have received first dose of vaccination.
  2. Quarantine period for minor under 18 years or required exceptional protection is followed the provisions of the parents/legal guardians/travel companions.

First Care Clinic claims they don't do PCR for travel due to time constraints for results; Walgreens offers 2 PCR options:

PCR Laboratory Test

Rapid NAAT Test

Annoying...
I have had a rapid PCR done before with the turnaround times you quoted due to symptoms and it turned out to be RT but the lab I did it at does a few different ones that are also not RT and they state it can be any of them.

For travel, I use a private lab because they guarantee specific turnaround times. (If anyone is in the SF Bay, this is McCampbell Analytical.) They charge $99 for next day (by 7 PM) or $150 for same day by 7 PM if sampled by 9 AM. They have faster options for more $ but I have gotten my results for same day within 3-4 hours. The one I have in my metro area is marketed for travel. They put your passport number and for $30 more even include QR codes and CLIA lab stamps and signatures since some countries require this to prove authenticity. Their printouts state method of sampling, sample time, and result time with the GMT time zone info to avoid confusion. (Egypt, I’m looking at you! They specifically require all that.)

You might also find rapid RT-PCR or RT-PCR with quick turnarounds as an option at a large local airport for a premium. SFO has this but their hours can be a bit difficult if you don’t have flexibility in your work schedule. Another resource is https://testfortravel.com/. You can identify places with PCR and turnaround times quickly then go to their websites to check if it’s RT.

Yes, old news. Nusatrip is no longer working with new credit cards with 3DS security system. The tiket.com whitelisting is still working.
Something is still working after nearly 7 yrs. That was my reason to quote that link.

I used Nusatrip with my UAE issued card and it worked just fine for Lion Air (MDC-DPS)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom