Flight to Indonesia with intention to go to Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seven(more?) airports are opened and VOA is available. I believe only Bali, Jakarta and Manado are useful for most of us.
It seems there is NO direct flight from Bali to Sorong(I couldn't find it).
No international flight outside Asia touch down at Manado.

Jakarta.

They said in an email they would go with 5.
Wow! They’d go with 5 out of 22 guests? No way they’d make money with rising fuel cost. Desperate measure for desperate time. June is not the peak season for Komodo anyway. July-August is. I’ll be there for Bali-Komodo-Bali, July 16 to August 6, planing for doing 50 dives, 3x/day.

Many airlines to chose from.
Which one offers direct flight from Jakarta or Manado to Sorong? Bali has only indirect flight.
Which one has better track record on punctuality etc?
Use Flight Connections. You can ask it from where to a specified airport are there direct flights. Put in MDC; Get:
1651249457939.png

Put the cursor on each dot and find the list of airports/cities.

Direct flights to Sorong:
1651249621546.png

Use Flight Connections. You can ask it from where to a specified airport are there direct flights.
I know that first part.
However, punctuality etc is a very common question regarding the domestic airlines in Indonesia.

That was from India's press

With so many flights everyday it is the least concern for me.
However, it is the cancellation/delay which might affect the rest of the trip has got most travellers worried.
Give yourself at least a day to buffer the "expected" is the most common advice.
Finally booking a domestic flight is not easy with some Indonesian airlines. I was going to arrange a trip to Dili in Timor-Leste yrs ago but Suriwijaya wouldn't sell me the ticket on line. I did not want to go to Bali and then buy the ticket over there. So I went to somewhere else. I only buy "through ticket" by Garuda even though it is a lot more expensive.

Also be aware that travel/medical insurance is now mandatory and must specifically cover COVOD-19 treatment and evacuation. As well as proof of vax etc. You must show evidence of a COVID-19 (PCR) test taken within 48 hours of departure to Indonesia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom