Flight to Indonesia with intention to go to Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about nusatrip

I used Nusatrip in the Before Times. Thanks for reminding me it exists!

I used to use Nusatrip and book on my own. Now they won't take any of my credit cards. Customer service says it's a 3DS issue and I've barked up the ladder at Visa and with my credit card bank. No luck. I ended up having to get help from my agent or the resorts to help with booking. An option is to whitelist your credit card with tiket.com but you then have to provide a picture of your credit card and passport, full view in one photo, to do so.

I'm in Singapore now heading home (slowly). I flew SFO to SIN to MDC and dived Bangka and Lembeh for 2 weeks. I then flew MDC to SOQ and did Raja Ampat for 2 weeks. Then flew SOQ to MDC back to SIN. I fly back to SFO tomorrow. I entered on a B211A that I acquired before VOA was announced. Entry was easy. Entry into Singapore was also easy.

I used to use Nusatrip and book on my own. Now they won't take any of my credit cards. Customer service says it's a 3DS issue and I've barked up the ladder at Visa and with my credit card bank. No luck. I ended up having to get help from my agent or the resorts to help with booking. An option is to whitelist your credit card with tiket.com but you then have to provide a picture of your credit card and passport, full view in one photo, to do so.
Same 3DS problem after having new credit card. Nusatrip is a bit behind on this security issue. I gave up on them and follow your suggestion to whitelist my card with tiket.com.

Whitelisting my card with tiket.com is not that bad as you can cover up the CCV and most of the credit card numbers, except the last 4 digits.

I bought 6 tickets for myself & my group. I became my group “agent” for buying the domestic flights. LOL

I'm in Singapore now heading home (slowly). I flew SFO to SIN to MDC and dived Bangka and Lembeh for 2 weeks. I then flew MDC to SOQ and did Raja Ampat for 2 weeks. Then flew SOQ to MDC back to SIN. I fly back to SFO tomorrow. I entered on a B211A that I acquired before VOA was announced. Entry was easy. Entry into Singapore was also easy.
So... how was the diving?

So... how was the diving?
Awesome!!! I’m a serial Indonesia diver. What a time to be diving Indonesia….Out of 91 dives, I only saw other divers 2 times. 1 was because we saw mantas so we told the liveaboard owned by the op I was diving with to dive it.

It was my 3rd time to Raja Ampat but my first time land based. Lembeh is also a repeat and Bangka was new. Bangka had good diving (oh, Sahaung!!!!) and it kept @Searcaigh entertained with macro and me with wide angle. (I also shoot macro but favor wide angle.)

For scope, other areas I love in Indo are Ambon, Alor, Komodo. I haven’t dived Triton Bay yet but have also done Banda/Forgotten Islands.

You must show evidence of a COVID-19 (PCR) test taken within 48 hours of departure to Indonesia.
I think I understand the requirement, but it's worthwhile to check, given that from the U.S.A. it can take a couple of days to get to Indonesia.

Let's say that on on Monday you fly out of the U.S. in the morning, arrive in Tokyo late afternoon, then fly on to arrive in Jakarta close to midnight. (You'll fly domestically within Indonesia the next day, but that's not an issue for this discussion).

The requirement, as I've read it, is your PCR test has to've been done before 2x48 (that's what I read!) - so 48 - hours before departure.

Question: Is that before departure from the U.S.A., or from Tokyo?

If your local clinic is closed on Sunday, you may've gotten your PCR test done Saturday. That's within 48 hours of your departure from the U.S., but not not Tokyo.

I think I understand the requirement, but it's worthwhile to check, given that from the U.S.A. it can take a couple of days to get to Indonesia.

Let's say that on on Monday you fly out of the U.S. in the morning, arrive in Tokyo late afternoon, then fly on to arrive in Jakarta close to midnight. (You'll fly domestically within Indonesia the next day, but that's not an issue for this discussion).

The requirement, as I've read it, is your PCR test has to've been done before 2x48 (that's what I read!) - so 48 - hours before departure.

Question: Is that before departure from the U.S.A., or from Tokyo?

If your local clinic is closed on Sunday, you may've gotten your PCR test done Saturday. That's within 48 hours of your departure from the U.S., but not not Tokyo.
I had a similar dilemma.

Not wanting my luggage to miss my second flight (SIN-MDC) with a 1hr 55min layover, I opted to stay overnight in SIN.

On the 11 April DXB-SIN overnight I had a PCR test done on the 10 April
On the 13 April SIN-MDC morning I had a PCR test on the morning of 11 April done in DXB and that covered me.

However @outofofficebrb had one PCR test done in the US which covered both of her flights because they were consecutive and theoretically just one trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom