Flex hoses - looking for recommendations from users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...hate the sensation of that stiff rubber hose torquing the reg constantly when I turn my head.

I use Miflex LP hoses and find that they help this situation. They have been out for a long time now and there don't seem to be any safety issues.

I can't compare Miflex to the other types of braided hoses, but I can say I would buy them again.

Anyone know where (prefer online) in getting white flex hose for spg??

Im not sure where you are. The US I don't know but Miflex UK have them, I imagine they won't sell outside of EU but imagine they can point you in the direction of a dealer in your location. In the US I believe XS Scuba are the distributors, they have a forum over in Manafaturers and would no doubt be able to assist.

---------- Post added May 31st, 2013 at 10:00 PM ----------

Sorry didn't read properly, I was thinking LP hoses, not sure anyone makes white HP hoses.

I want to ensure that I'm getting quality gear...- I want something that's not going to break when I'm 100 feet down... I'm a traditionalist in that I like what works and don't like gimmicks.H.

So stick with rubber, nothing you've said yet is a reason to change

I have miflex on my single tank reg for Octo, lip and spg. I didn't like them. So when I get my double setup, I went back to all rubber. I like rubber better. Miflex isn't bad, I won't switch them out if they don't break. But if I have to replace them, I will go for rubber.

My LP hoses are all Phantom(primary, octo and inflater). I like them and have had no complaints or problems with them. They do coil up nicely when you pack them, are more flexible that rubber and have had no problems with floating or coil memory. The only time my hoses are coiled up is when they are packed up for travel. I do not have a high pressure hose because I use a hose-less AI for pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom