Flathead VIs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tndonor

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Any feedback, quarks, nuances anyone has encountered?. I had to step out on faith and, reviews, and others feedback due to lack of LDS in my area. My primary local diving is cooler 55-70 and not extremely deep. I thought is should do the job.

The Flathead VI is one of the highest rated regs out there, great for rec to the most demanding tec - Made in USA.

My only gripe right now, is that when mounted with the yoke adaptor, on some boats where the boat monkeys do the refills after each dive, they can develop the bad habit of twisting the 1st stage. There's an o-ring which can become pinched and degrade in not so many dives from this abuse.

So be sure to pack some o-ring spares if you travel with this reg.

I've had one for a little over a year and a half and love it. I'm not particularly demanding - never below 130, never colder than upper 40s - but don't have any complaints.

I suggest you also take a close look at the Zeagle DS-V.
Very high quality, Ist stage not as heavy.
I spoke with one Zeagle tech who prefers the V for his diving.
Rex

I own one. It's an awesome breathing reg. It truely shines under demanding conditons. One of the few negatives that I've noticed with mine, however, is that it does tend to breath a little wet in certain inverted postions. As previously mentioned, the first stage is also a fairly heavy.

riguerin:
I own one. It's an awesome breathing reg. It truely shines under demanding conditons. One of the few negatives that I've noticed with mine, however, is that it does tend to breath a little wet in certain inverted postions. As previously mentioned, the first stage is also a fairly heavy.

similarly, i find breathing a little more difficult (enough for me to notice!) when i switch from a horizontal to a vertical position.

other than that, its an awesome reg which looks great in photos too! ull probably get nicknamed Zorro with the reg underwater... hah.

Excellent reg. I've had two of them for some time and have encountered no issues over a wide range of diving activities.

Back
Top Bottom