Flathead VIs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riguerin:
I own one. It's an awesome breathing reg. It truely shines under demanding conditons. One of the few negatives that I've noticed with mine, however, is that it does tend to breath a little wet in certain inverted postions. As previously mentioned, the first stage is also a fairly heavy.

Rick, I too encountered this and posted on it once. Check out the reply.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=97838&page=8

I have had my Flathead VI for almost a year now and recommend it highly. Excellent quality and support from Zeagle.

If you go to www.zeagle.com it has a good comarison chart between all their regs.

I personally have 2 of the DSIVs which have now been replaced by the DSV.

jetfixer:
Rick, I too encountered this and posted on it once. Check out the reply.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=97838&page=8

I have had my Flathead VI for almost a year now and recommend it highly. Excellent quality and support from Zeagle.

Thanks, Todd. That sounds about right ... water likely seeps in from the 2nd stage in certain orientations. I wouldn't characterize it as a significant issue at all. It's an awesome reg and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Flathead VI is a diaphram reg, no water gets in it. Only other place water could be is in the second stage. The wetness being found is residual that drips into the mouth piece when you exhale upside down.

Direct Diver:
If you don't love this reg you'll be the first I've heard say that.

I have two - one works great, one works great at 60 ft and terrible at 100. (both with less than 25 dives on them)

Also, don't turn your head sideways to a current- the exhaust valve can open and you get to breath water.

Back
Top Bottom