Flathead 7? Any info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bretagus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just went to Zeagle's site and saw they have a new reg, the Flathead 7 coming out. Anybody know anything about this? Any upgrades to the Flathead VI, or just a little comsmetic repackaging?

Note to self, start looking for Flathead VI on clearance...

There is a post in the DEMA section but not sure there were any specifics. I know that it is a lot smaller and I think there are more ports. PM ScottZeagle and direct him to your thread. He will answer ASAP.

Here is a link that will take you to the two versions of the Flathead 7

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/sear...chParamTxt=flathead+7&Search+ScubaToys=Search

And they should be shipping Feb '09 according to Zeagle. And firemedic8082 is correct, because these are coming out, Zeagle wanted to get rid of their remain flathead 6 models - so we bought all their remaining stock, and are running them on sale until they are gone: Zeagle Flathead VI Regulator reviews and discounts, Zeagle in both Din and Yoke.

I like that Zeagle is using the same screw on environment seal cap on the new 7 as they do on their other 1st stages....using the pin spanner always made me nervous in case I slipped and chewed up the finish on a reg.
Is there a performance benefit to the new reg? (not that it needed any)
Has the 2nd been changed? (apart from the purge cover)

I can't find any performance comparison between the 6 and the 7 anywhere, so I think it might be just the extra port and more compact design. And wow, talk about a clearance price! I think the only question left in my mind is do I buy one or two!?

Any idea how much longer your stock will hold out??

Hard to say - I'd guess we're good for about 3-4 weeks - but doubt we'll have any through Christmas... But that can change - we're selling a bunch now each day, but that may taper off or speed up... so really the 3-4 week thing is just a guess.

I was trying to find it myself. But what my brother has found that the new flat head xp or lt or whatever it is called is only .2 joules better than the prior models zeagle flat head not the 6. the both have the same conical design in the 1st stage and annual service kit for the flathead 7 is the same as the 6's, etc. I in fact, bought my flat head 6 for 590 from scubatoys some months ago for 590.00 so buying a flathead 6 right now is a great idea. Thinking about the flat head 7 looks like I won't be buying this one anytime soon. My flat head 6 does more than I really need, already.

as for the 2nd stage the exhaust tee, does not show at all when looking at it in the front view, miflex hose is used as a standard. Other than that, that is the only thing I can see that has changed on the 2nd stage.

Back
Top Bottom