Flat trim & tank position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TecRec50

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi (wetsuit) sidemount divers !
When optimizing your flat trim in a 4 tank (S80) configuration to avoid being head heavy, do you only play on weight position or do you adjust the position of your 2 deco tanks accordingly as well ?
I have recently shifted my 2 deco tanks slightly backward and it solved my tendency to be head heavy ...
Kind regards

Adjust your weighting by changing fins, exposure protection, shifiting weights down. No reason to adjust your deco tanks. That will only confound things

Hi (wetsuit) sidemount divers !
When optimizing your flat trim in a 4 tank (S80) configuration to avoid being head heavy, do you only play on weight position or do you adjust the position of your 2 deco tanks accordingly as well ?
I have recently shifted my 2 deco tanks slightly backward and it solved my tendency to be head heavy ...
Kind regards
Were you looking for different feedback than the answers you received in your last post?

Were you looking for different feedback than the answers you received in your last post?
Hi,
Advanced backmount divers fine tune their trim by playing on their tanks position : If head heavy, some backmount divers might decide to simply deplace their twin slightly backward ...
I just wanna know if some advanced sidemount divers use this trick too ...
Personnally it suits me because otherwise, to get a natural flat trim, I would need to add a unnecessary 1Kg of lead in my central weight system low pocket ...
Kind bubbles & regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom