Flat compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get rid of my wrist compass and start carrying it in my pocket due to the fact that I rarely actually need to use it and I want to make space for a wrist slate I'm planning to build.

The one I have now, an Oceanic, is really "thick", about the size of a line spool and, since I already have a lot of goodies in my pockets, I think it will take up more space than I want to use.

Anyone know of a good quality wrist mount compass with a low profile? Best of all would be something that I could modify the mount to accept a boltsnap (i.e. drill a hole in it) and therefor attach it to my pocket cord.

thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

boomx5 once bubbled...
Don't they already have wrist slates w/compasses already mounted to them?

They probably do but my slate will mount a bottom timer and will be longer than most to accomodate large deco schedules. The compass is going in my thigh pocket.

Tom

Have you checked out the Suunto line? They are probably smaller than what you got now.

Back
Top Bottom