Flaska-Tank & gas calculation app

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jborg

Green Water Diver
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I made a thing during the holidays, mostly for myself but I hope it might be useful for others as well. It's an app to calculate rock bottom gas and gas time given SAC & depth for various cylinders, and also buoyancy and transfills between cylinders. It takes gas compressibility into account (assuming air, currently). Right now it's for iOS but could also be published for Android. It's free, and it doesn't spy on you.

1s.png
2s.png

I'd be happy to hear if someone finds it useful or, if not, why not. :) Clearly this is for simple rec purposes only.

App store link: https://apple.co/3bexYgo

Right now it's for iOS but could also be published for Android. It's free, and it doesn't spy on you.
If you can publish it for the Android camp, it will be most fantastic. You are doing a lot of people a big favor and service.

Yeah and sorry for the obscure name, most names are already taken on the app stores. :) "Flaska" is tank/cylinder in Swedish...

H
I made a thing during the holidays, mostly for myself but I hope it might be useful for others as well. It's an app to calculate rock bottom gas and gas time given SAC & depth for various cylinders, and also buoyancy and transfills between cylinders. It takes gas compressibility into account (assuming air, currently). Right now it's for iOS but could also be published for Android. It's free, and it doesn't spy on you.

View attachment 634512 View attachment 634513

I'd be happy to hear if someone finds it useful or, if not, why not. :) Clearly this is for simple rec purposes only.

App store link: https://apple.co/3bexYgo

hi im just taking my tech pass now. The bottom calculation for gas time, is the ascend time already deducted? So far everything on the upper part matches whats being taught. Im just not sure about the gas time. And whats RB?

Android is coming, it's in review with Google since yesterday. I haven't been able to test on any actual Android device so who knows, it might work.

The bottom calculation for gas time, is the ascend time already deducted? So far everything on the upper part matches whats being taught. Im just not sure about the gas time. And whats RB?

The rock bottom section at the top shows what goes into the rock bottom gas volume. You can configure your SAC rate (of course) and the times and SAC multipliers for the various stages. By default it starts with four minutes at depth at four times SAC (two excited divers troubleshooting), ascent at the usual rate at four times SAC and a safety stop at two times SAC. This isn't entirely precise of course as part of the ascent is above the safety stop and perhaps should have a lower SAC, but it's minor. Since you can set the times in question you can remove the safety stop (zero minutes) if you don't want it as part of your calculation. Or lower the SAC multipliers if you want the calculation to apply to just yourself and not yourself plus a buddy, or whatever.

The above rock bottom gas volume then becomes the rock bottom pressure for each cylinder ("RB"). The gas time is the time at your normal SAC at the configured depth until you reach the rock bottom pressure figured from above.

For me, as a newbie switching around between different kinds of tanks, this has been useful in getting a feeling for what to expect in gas time and how much to keep in reserve with some sort of scientific basis behind it. OW rec only though, of course.

I am working on something similar atm. But got not enough time :D so it might take a while

Looks good i will try it out when its out for android.

Back
Top Bottom