Fitting of my new CF200X suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iwagner

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear DUI,

I just received my brand new CF200X dry-suit yesterday with ZipSeals and two pockets.

I'm really satistfied about it but I have concerns about the sizing on the hips. My dry-suit is a stock S size and I'm a small person with normal shape, really.

I've noticed that on the trunk it fits really nice, I could gain 10 lbs and I would fit it nicely! I think that on the hips it's really too fitty, it's just too right but not tight. Under my dry-suit I had a Fourth Element Xerotherm for protection which is really thin...

I wanted to ask you whether the cut is made with purpose perhaps to let less air reaching the legs or if there actually is a problem.

Could please give me some advices?

Thank you very much,

Ivan Wagner.

Hi Ivan,

Congrats on being a new DOG!

To answer your questions, the CF200 is designed to be a snugger fitting suit than some of the others. It can be cut slimmer because of the flexibility and give in the fabric.

That being said, unfortunately, it is difficult for me to determine if the suit is too tight without seeing you in the suit. Your best bet would be to have your local dealer assess the fit.

If that is not a possibility, please feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss different options.

Thank you,

Jessica
DUI
jessica@dui-online.com

Hi Jessica,

thank you very much for your reply! I've ordered this suit through a delear there in California. I got the measurements yesterday and in fact is not really my fit. My hips are just bigger than the size given in the S stock size. Therefore I have an agreement with the dealer to exachange the suit with another one, a MS select (Medium Short). Thank you very much for your support!

Ivan.

Hi Jessica,

I have a couple of questions for you...

I actually took a look at the size chart found in DUI's web-site and the sizes are quite different from what can be found in the owner's manual provided with the suit (I was looking at the S stock sizes of the CF200X dry-suit).

Can you please tell me what's wrong and which of the two are official?

Thank you very much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom