Fit Characteristics of Pinnacle Elastiprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveR1952

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking at a Pinnacle 7mm Elastiprene-Merino wetsuit but there are no local dealers who carry the brand. I have read that the Merino suit is made by a different vendor than the regular Elastiprene suit and the fit runs a couple of sizes smaller.

Anybody able to comment on the fit of the Merino suits? I would be a XLS on the Size Chart on the Pinnacle website but from what I have read this would be much too small.

Confused!:depressed:

I can tell you that my husband has both the 5mm Pinnacle Merino Elastiprene suit as well as the 3mm Elastiprene in exactly the same size (XL), both fitting nearly the same and equally comfortable.

I dive a medium in the 3mil and a large short in the 5mil. The five actually fits better. The three is a little long and loose around the torso. The Merino Elastiprenes do run small. I wouldn't even try to guess what a 7 would be for me. That's why I have a drysuit.

I can tell you that my husband has both the 5mm Pinnacle Merino Elastiprene suit as well as the 3mm Elastiprene in exactly the same size (XL), both fitting nearly the same and equally comfortable.

How close are your husband's measurements to the Pinnacle size chart for an XL?

How close are your husband's measurements to the Pinnacle size chart for an XL?

He fits perfectly. Chest: 46, Waist 37, hips 44 He's very broad shouldered (competitive swimmer's body) and often has a tough time fitting into shirts, jackets, etc., but the Pinnacle is cut very well for his body.

The Pinnacle rep told us a couple of years ago not to pay attention to the height and weight parts of the chart so much, that it's the measurements that matter most.

I'm right in the middle of the Pinnacle size charts for a medium, which I have in the Seal 3mm and an older Fusion 5/4. When I ordered the 5mm Merino/Elastiprene I couldn't even pull it up to my shoulders. The ML is a much better fit, although tight through the forearms and wrists.

I am looking at a Pinnacle 7mm Elastiprene-Merino wetsuit but there are no local dealers who carry the brand. I have read that the Merino suit is made by a different vendor than the regular Elastiprene suit and the fit runs a couple of sizes smaller.

Anybody able to comment on the fit of the Merino suits? I would be a XLS on the Size Chart on the Pinnacle website but from what I have read this would be much too small.

Confused!:depressed:

Pinnacle Merino is a great suit but there is definitely a sizing problem. I have the 3, 5, and 7mm. Make sure that you have the option to return if fit is not correct. The 3 and the 7 fit perfectly but it has taken three tries to get a 5 that fits - there is some inconsistency in sizing. They are manufactured in China and I suspect that to be part of the problem.

OK, I finally got the the Big City and tried on an Elastiprene with Merino lining. It was an XL which is what I should wear per the charts.

I could not get it up the arms. It got stuck at the lower arm and I could not get it to move up the arm enough to get it to lay flat on my skin. To be fair, I also tried on another brand of suit and had the same problem.

My guess is I need wrist zippers. I have XL hands and large wrists but not huge. Is there a trick I am missing here?

I have a 7mm Merino-elastiprene, which by coincidence is XLS ! Suit fits me well. I am 5'11, 220lbs and a 44regular jacket size if that helps.

Although comfortable when on, it is a bit of a work out to don the suit. It has got easier with more dives. But when I first purchased it, I wondered if it was too small. But not now.

[
I could not get it up the arms. It got stuck at the lower arm and I could not get it to move up the arm enough to get it to lay flat on my skin. To be fair, I also tried on another brand of suit and had the same problem.

I had the exact same problem. I did eventually get the suit up on my arms only to be able feel my pulse through the suit. WAY too tight. Just in the arms. The fit every where else was perfect. Really stinks cause thats the suit I really wanted to buy. I ended up buying a "Waterproof" which fits me great but does have the (un)fortunate Flash Gordan superhero look to it.

Back
Top Bottom