Fisheye FIX for the S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I finally got my Fisheye 28AD Adapter today.

With UFL165AD + Fisheye 28AD Adapter + FIX S90

Observed:

1. First shots I took to check out vignetting indicated as expected that zoom needs to be at 35mm to eliminate vignetting.

2. UFL165AD is not intended for above water. Again as expected. But relative indicator of FOV.

This shot with the FIX S90 + Fisheye 28AD Adpapter + FIX S90

s90 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

For Comparison FOV Taken with IXUS80is + Canon DC22 Housing + Inon AD Mount + UFL165AD

1. This set-up does not require zooming in as native lens is already 35mm equivalent. So I assume this is "as-intended" by INON.

2. Note that it is actually slightly narrower than the image taken by the FIX S90 set-up zoomed to 35mm!

This shot taken with Canon IXUS80is + DC22 Housing + Inon AD Mount + UFL165AD
photostream

IXUS80is on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This was a pleasant surprise as I thought I might have had given up some FOV of the UFL165AD with the FIX S90 and their 28AD Mount. So I guess Nemrod's and others working with the 67mm/Ad adapters are actually squeezing even more FOV than INON Intended?

Nemrod, did you ever have a chance to compare FOV on your A57 rigs vs. your S90 rig?

I know the images are crappy I just wante to check FOV quickly. I was also
surprised by the FOV I was seeing on both set-ups being so close.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I currently have the Fix housing with 67mm adapter. I also use Inon UCL-165M67 for macro. So far so good. From what I have read my WA options are either the UFL-165AD w/ 10bar adapter or the UWL-100 M67. Is the one being referred to in the thread the Type 1 or Type 2 achromat? I am leaning towards that option so I can stick with 67mm threads for future rig changes.

Hi everyone,

I currently have the Fix housing with 67mm adapter. I also use Inon UCL-165M67 for macro. So far so good. From what I have read my WA options are either the UFL-165AD w/ 10bar adapter or the UWL-100 M67. Is the one being referred to in the thread the Type 1 or Type 2 achromat? I am leaning towards that option so I can stick with 67mm threads for future rig changes.

It seems to be the type 2

UWdigitalcamera.com :: Compact camera housing :: FISHEYE FIX S90 housing

Hi everyone,

It is Type 2.

N

Thanks Nemrod. Your posts are very informative. Will the UWL-100AD work well with the 10 bar 67mm - AD adapter too? Also, do you have any idea how wide the UWL-100 will be without the dome?

Thanks Nemrod. Your posts are very informative. Will the UWL-100AD work well with the 10 bar 67mm - AD adapter too? Also, do you have any idea how wide the UWL-100 will be without the dome?

The UWL-105AD is a bayonet mount lens and it should work OK with the 10Bar adapter much like the UFL-165AD.

I would guesstimate, based on my experience with my UWL-100-67mm lens before I installed the dome, that the FOV would be approximately 90 to 100 degrees. About the same, 95 to 100 degrees, with the UWL-105AD with some possible vignetting.

N

Sorry, I meant the UWL-100 28AD. Will it work with the 67mm to AD adaptor as well? If I understand right, the 67mm to AD adaptor should bring it closer to the lens than the Fix 28AD should right?

Have you been able to do IQ tests along with your angle comparisons?

Sorry, I meant the UWL-100 28AD. Will it work with the 67mm to AD adapter as well? If I understand right, the 67mm to AD adapter should bring it closer to the lens than the Fix 28AD should right?

Have you been able to do IQ tests along with your angle comparisons?

I am afraid I cannot answer this question, I have not had a chance to use a UWL100-28AD lens so I am reluctant to hazard a guess but if I had to guess then my guess is that it would work but it is also my understanding that the 28AD mounts are shorter (more shallow) than AD mounts. Maybe Compudude can give some insight on this since he has a 28AD mount. I wish that I could test all of these but I simply cannot afford one of every lens and mount combination so sometimes I just make an educated guess.

Your plan of going with the 67mm mount for forward compatibility is a good one, logical, but I would probably, at this point recommend these lenses and mounts for starting fresh:

The new FIX 52mm single piece mount
The FIX three piece 67mm mount
The FIX UWL-04 lens
The Inon UCL165AD macro lens
10Bar adapter

If you already own AD lenses or 67mm threaded lenses then the 10Bar adapter and three piece FIX 67mm mounts is the way to go (I think).

If you already own a 28AD lens, then I would be highly partial to just getting the FIX 28AD mount which should be able to accept the UCL165AD macro lens also and possibly the UFL165AD or 105AD (??)

If you own all of them, then you are in my boat, grab a paddle :rofl3:, rough seas ahead, hang on.

No, on the IQ, I am headed to GC this week if all goes well, then in August I plan to get back in the pool for attempts at IQ review as I had stated earlier. :wink:

N

Thanks again. I currently own the ff:

Fix 3 piece 67mm mount
Inon UCL165M67 macro lens
and Inon 67mm double lens caddies

The UWL100-67 seems like a good choice but I'm afraid it might add too much weight to my rig and make it front heavy when on the housing, or unbalanced when on the caddy. It is also quite expensive with the dome lens.

I do always consider forward compatibility with my purchases so I don't end up spending more in the long run. I am using a single ys-27dx with two 5 inch segments but will switch to double ys-110a's soon. I will probably get two 8 inch segments (should I use buoyancy arms?) so I can have 1 5" and 8" segment on each arm. I noticed you don't use buoyancy arms, do you have any weight issues underwater?

I hope I am not bothering you with too many questions :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom