fish id link?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcsean

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everybody. I was out diving this weekend and saw a fish I haven't seen before. Been awhile since this has happened. I'm having a really hard time locating a decent site with local fish species.

Ok, description. It was a sculpin, black with two thick white stripes around it behind the dorsal fin. It was about 1.5-2" long. I'd love to post a pic, but if I could find that, I'd probably have id'd it already.

Sean

bcsean:
Hey everybody. I was out diving this weekend and saw a fish I haven't seen before. Been awhile since this has happened. I'm having a really hard time locating a decent site with local fish species.

Ok, description. It was a sculpin, black with two thick white stripes around it behind the dorsal fin. It was about 1.5-2" long. I'd love to post a pic, but if I could find that, I'd probably have id'd it already.

Sean

Here are two links I use:

Dive Bums
The BC Marinelife Index

bcsean:

Sean

try www.fishbase.org

wow, fishbase is quite intesive. And I'm still drawing a blank finding this damn fish. I'm of course assuming it's a sculpin being the body shape was exactly like that of a buffalo sculpin, just way smaller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom