Fish food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,not that I am posing this as how I view things,but in reality a plane trip frm here to the Indo-Pacific,the dive charters to to from the reef and maybe a fish dinner at the resort probably have a more adverse impact on the environment than an irresponsible spearfishing madman.For that matter eatting commercially caught fish is probably one of the least environmentally sensitive actions common in the States.Bycatch ,they call it.I was taught that when you are pointing at someone you have 3 fingers pointing back at you,simplistic but apt.I try every day to limit my impact but I'll not live as a paleolithic hunter gatherer in skins:wink:

I sometimes squish mussels for the fish, (the ones in NJ have learned to beg for mussels, and some have guns), and once I brought a can of spray cheese to Dutch Springs. Fish love that stuff.

100days-a-year once bubbled...
I try every day to limit my impact but I'll not live as a paleolithic hunter gatherer in skins:wink:
So just what is that thing you are posing with in your profile? Dinner? HMMM..

I didn't say I was completely against spearfishermen, just game hunters. spearfishing has less of an impact than commercial fishing, one fish at a time is better than dredging an entire reef. it's people that hunt endangered or threatened animals just so they can have it as a dust collector in their house. commercial fishing isn't justified either. those nets don't only target the food fish, other things get caught also. that's kinda why I don't like seafood. the only way in making a minimal impact on the environment is to stick with domesticated animals. how many wild cows do you see roaming the forests?

and I really don't think that diving affects much, as long as we're not taking anything out. if anything diving helps. since the majority of activists are divers, gotta keep our dive sites beautiful.

Cool.I am opposed to killing anything other than to good purpose myself.We went on a photo expedition yesterday and even tho I was carrying I tried more to chaperone the oblivious photographers than hunt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom