Fish Eye Photo - Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luckydays

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
While on the island for a two week vacation, I took a photography class from Tim at Fish Eye Photo. The class was scheduled for the Monday that I arrived. Tim had been sick so we had to reschedule as he could not dive. He took some time though and was able to show me a few things about the camera to get me going. Wow, the pictures improved after 5 minutes with Tim. We met back up again a few days later but Tim was still unable to dive because of his ears. No problem, we went over the class learning portion and it was really interesting to learn about photography from a professional photographer who also understood my camera. He showed me a lot of things about the camera that I would not have picked up on so quickly or even at all. After the class I spend a few days taking more pictures and the shots got even better. By the following week, Tim and I got the chance to finish the class by getting a dive in and I learned even more. The water portion was just as important as the class room parts. He was able to critique my diving and the pictures I took underwater. Even though we could not talk while on the dive he taught me quite a bit about the camera, framing the shot, being patient around the fish, and just getting the best picture possible. After the class we did a review of the pictures I took and then went over everything about the class. He reminded me to keep and eye on my strobes and make sure I am aware of the position of them, be calm and don’t race after the fish, and position/stabilize my body to get the composition of the picture right.

By the time the trip was over, my pictures had improved exponentially and I cant wait until I get back in some warm salt water to practice more of what Tim taught me.

Then next time I am in Bonaire, I will take a refresher course with Tim to make sure I remember exactly what he taught me. Tim was very knowledgeable and a very good instructor. I would highly recommend Tim of Fish Eye Photo for any one who wants to learn about underwater photography. He was patient and kind and very, very good at what he does.

http://www.fisheyephoto.com/

Last edited:
Here are a few examples of what I was kind of shots I was able to get from what I learned from Tim.

Attachments

• Dive 204 Alice in Wonderland 038.jpg
    Dive 204 Alice in Wonderland 038.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Dive 202 Keepsake 118.jpg
    Dive 202 Keepsake 118.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Dive 184 Yellow Submarine 037.jpg
    Dive 184 Yellow Submarine 037.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 157
Great shots!! Tim told me when you were coming in and I tried to make it back from diving in time to say "hi", but I missed you.

Isn't Tim the best???!!! :D :D :D We did the Digital UW Photography specialty with him 3 years ago and it made a huge difference in my husband's photos. This year my husband spend a morning with Tim learning about his new camera, and the difference it made in his photos was immediate!!

Tim's an excellent teacher and I highly recommend every photographer spend a bit of time with him when they're on Bonaire, whether it be 1/2 day or 3 days doing a full course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom